I was thinking about putting on .013-.056 acoustic guitar strings on my Taylor T5 and I was wondering how that would work out.

Important note: I have my guitar tuned 1 whole step down (D)

What do you guys think? Would it perhaps make the strings too hard and limit the soloing ability? I want to have a neat acoustic sound aswell as nice electrics.

The strings I'm using at the moment, which is the standard for the T5, is Elixir .011, has a very lame sound when playing chords (mainly because I have my guitar tuned down I guess).

I should probably add that this is mainy for guitar slapping purpose. But I believe not many of you are specialized in that so you can exclude.

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Visual382 at May 5, 2013,
Strings are cheap. Buy them and try them, nobody can tell you what will work for you.
I have an important gig coming up so I don't have the time to test around. Kinda sucks
I'm sure that'd work. I don't see why not. Do you feel your Elixir 11s are too light for you? If so then going to a 12 or 13 set will work nicely.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Yes, too light. Chords sounds really bad. :/

I just spoke to a guitarpro on the phone and he said it'd work perfectly. So I'll try it!

Thanks guys
Haha "guitarpro". Whatever works for you buddy.

In all seriousness, if you find the 13s are too thick, go to a 12-54 set. Nice balance in the middle. You said something about no wanting soloing to be too difficult. Something to keep in mind. But definitely try the 13-56 first
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
He's speecialized in guitars, you know, strings, pickups etc. Very clever guy.

Yeah thanks, I'll switch to 12s if the 13 ones are too thick.