So this morning I was wandering around a car boot sale with a mate, looking at all the crap people try & sell at these things, then all of a sudden I saw this:

Asked how much it was, the guy said £35. I didn't have that much on me so I talked him down to £25. Considering they regularly sell for over double that much on ebay, I'd consider that a real bargain

It's basically brand new - the guy claimed he'd bought it a while ago then just didn't get around to using it. Considering how immaculate the pedal, box and paperwork etc were I can believe him when he said it had never been played.

Just spent the past hour or so playing with it. I think it's fair to say it's earned a permanent place on my pedal board. Now I just need to update my sig.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Nice score! Haven't seen that one before, but I imagine it's pretty sweet. MXR makes some pretty solid stuff.

HNPD!
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Nice deal man!

Those are the ones based on the MIJ DS-1 pedals right?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Nice deal man!

Those are the ones based on the MIJ DS-1 pedals right?

That's what I'm told - I did a thread a week or two ago looking for other OCD Clones to replace my Joyo Ultimate Drive with (the Joyo will remain in the collection as backup), this pedal was mentioned then as a possible alternative but I'd kind of written these off when someone said it was actually a modded DS1 and possibly not quite what I was looking for.

I doubt I'd have bought a DS1 anyway, even if it is just because I prefer stomping on this style of pedal. Not sure if it's just me, but I like to feel the 'click' you get when using a pedal like this, you just don't get that with the 'Boss' style pedal.

As it is, although it's different to the Ultimate Drive and I thought I was looking for a like-for-like replacement I'm definitely happy with what I've ended up with. And definitely need to send a big thank you to the idiot who sold it to me so cheaply!
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
That's what I'm told - I did a thread a week or two ago looking for other OCD Clones to replace my Joyo Ultimate Drive with (the Joyo will remain in the collection as backup), this pedal was mentioned then as a possible alternative but I'd kind of written these off when someone said it was actually a modded DS1 and possibly not quite what I was looking for.

I doubt I'd have bought a DS1 anyway, even if it is just because I prefer stomping on this style of pedal. Not sure if it's just me, but I like to feel the 'click' you get when using a pedal like this, you just don't get that with the 'Boss' style pedal.

As it is, although it's different to the Ultimate Drive and I thought I was looking for a like-for-like replacement I'm definitely happy with what I've ended up with. And definitely need to send a big thank you to the idiot who sold it to me so cheaply!

I totally get what you mean about the click. There's something satisfying about stomping that button down and hearing 'click'.

Yeah, you should send the guy a tall can or something.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Oh, very nice!

Happy day!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Neat find.
I wonder if that guy you bought it from is checking out its real value online now and kicking himself.
Quote by JackSaints
Neat find.
I wonder if that guy you bought it from is checking out its real value online now and kicking himself.

I hope not. He was bigger than me
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
very nice good price, too
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I think that's a really good pedal, especially for the money you got it for.

I know this guy who works at the local music shop and he knows lots of stuff about the equipment and pedals. He bought it recently (I saw him buying it) and said to me it's an excellent pedal.