Well I ve got a gibson les paul studio 50's tribute and I want to buy pickups
what about
Suhr DA-N-50 Humbucker Pickup Zebra
?
What's wrong with your current set? What don't you like about them? What music do you play? What amp do you have? What's your budget?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Ι am running with a marshall dsl40c
I play rock like guns n roses,bon jovi etc
That's got P90's hasn't it? They're a completely different sized pickup.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Yeah, the 50s Tributes have P-90s.

I think it's worth pointing out that you shouldn't need to change pickups—even with P-90s—for "guns n roses,bon jovi etc" with a Marshall DSL40C. That sort of tone isn't helped by having pickups that respond in an unusual way, they're very much stock pickup people. The pickups that Slash uses, for example, are humbuckers with a voicing very similar to P-90s. The pickups that Richie Sambora mostly uses are standard PAF copies, slightly overwound Strat/Tele single coils and regular P-90s. A Les Paul with Gibson's standard P-90s is actually already far more than fine for that sort of sound. You're talking about guys that value lower output and more clarity. All their tone comes from their amp, and the same goes for many other guitarists of their style and generation.

If you're struggling to get an appropriate tone with your rig as it is, try raising the pickups a little bit closer to the strings (just a millimetre or so) and on your amp dial in more mids, less treble and less preamp gain. You need to turn the overall volume up, too. The sort of tone you're after relies on having the power amp cranked. Your resonance knob should be adjusted for the room and voluem you're playing at. For the GNR stuff you should push the presence knob up a little more and keep the tone shift button off; for 'Jovi, put the presence back down to just a bit past halfway and push the tone shift on.
Also consider changing your speaker for a V30. It's what all those guys use, it's the standard and it'll give you a much fuller tone than the stock speaker.

If you really insist on changing pickups, all you can really add would be a little more bass and hum-cancelling. The regular Seymour Duncan stacked P-90 is fine for this. If you are desperate for humbucker tones then you should look at getting minibuckers with P-90 shell mounting rings. Don't bother with DiMarzio's P-90 pickups; they don't fit the Gibson rout and mouting.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Huh, that's new(?).

Well, if you do have the humbucker version then you're still as well-off with the stock pickups as you are with any aftermarket pickup. The 490R neck pickup is virtually identical to the Alnico II Pro that Slash uses and the 498T is virtually identical to the modified PAF Pro that Richie Sambora uses/d.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I'd bet dollars to dogshit that it's the amp. Retube it with JJ's and replace the speaker with something decent.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
I'd bet dollars to dogshit that it's the amp. Retube it with JJ's and replace the speaker with something decent.

That was going to be my suggestion. Retube it, then come back for speaker suggestions so you can tell us what you still don't like. Hell, it might good after the retube.
First,thank you all
Next , now I am thinking changing my amp's speaker or buying a boost pedal (tc electronics spark booster) to fix more my sound .(I already use a Suhr riot for distortion)
Retube it and change the speaker before you do anything else. Sort out your base sound before you start adding shit.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I'm pretty sure "JJs and V30s" should just become a system-generated automatic reply to every post on this board.
Ive got a strat and i wanna change the bridge and neck pick up to single coil sized humbuckers also i want to install a coil splitter into my guitar so i can keep the single coil sound ...does anybody know how much that would cost? roughly
Quote by MrFlibble
I'm pretty sure "JJs and V30s" should just become a system-generated automatic reply to every post on this board.

And also Practice. That's the answer to so many threads.

Fibble, you're killing it with your replies on pickups lately. Very informative.
Quote by MrFlibble

So true. For the most part though, those two things fix most things people complain about. I can't count how many times all my amp gripes were fixed with a full set of JJ ECC83s
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by MrFlibble
It's better than the other standard response; "6505".
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
It's better than the other standard response; "6505".

Wait, TS doesn't have a 6505? Well then, there's the problem....

I'm not so sure about the V30 recommendation though. EV is the right answer of course for a Marshall if you can afford it but V30's in that thing may be a bit toppy. I'd go for some sort of greenbacky thing in that 'twer it me.

JJ's are always the right answer for a Marshall unless you are prepared to go NOS.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I'm a big fan of the G12H30 70th in my cabinet with the VTM (Peavey's JCM800). I agree with the V30 comment Cath, it gets to be a little much for me on the Marshally amps I've played with one.

I would replace the speaker before I retubed it, you'll get a bigger change in tone that way. Retubing is never a terrible idea though!
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

I'd even put a T75 in it before a V30. Yeah, the speaker is more important but you have to bin those shitty tubes as well.

T75's seem to sound a lot better if you run a wall of them btw.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at May 8, 2013,
Quote by Cathbard
I'd even put a T75 in it before a V30. Yeah, the speaker is more important but you have to bin those shitty tubes as well.

T75's seem to sound a lot better if you run a wall of them btw.

Yeah I imagine that helps with any complaints of thinness.
Yeah. There's no way you'd call my 6x12 setup running T75's thin.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Yeah. There's no way you'd call my 6x12 setup running T75's thin.

My only complaint is the fizzy top-end. right now I just set my EQ in the loop cutting the highest frequency, but without that it can be a little bit overpowering. Literally the only thing I am using that EQ pedal for right now
Meh, you just need more of them.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Yeah you are probably right. I also need to crank my amp more, that always helps
Yeah man. If they can't hear you half a mile away you're doing it wrong.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Yeah man. If they can't hear you half a mile away you're doing it wrong.

I'm in the boonies like yourself, but I see the point
Quote by hazekoko
First,thank you all
Next , now I am thinking changing my amp's speaker or buying a boost pedal (tc electronics spark booster) to fix more my sound .(I already use a Suhr riot for distortion)

Wait. You're using a distortion pedal for distortion instead of the amp? That's one of your problems. People like slash and Ritchie use amp distortion. That's the way you should go. Use your amps gain, it's going to get you better tone.
]
Normally I would agree that T75s would be better, but A) the people OP listed use V30s themselves and B) OP's working with one speaker, not a stack of cabs cranked to 11.
My pedals distortion is 10 times better than the amp's distortion
DSL 's distortion is very good but i have to put it at loud and i can't...
So I use my riot and at loud its better than my marshall
thanks anyway
Quote by MrFlibble
Normally I would agree that T75s would be better, but A) the people OP listed use V30s themselves and B) OP's working with one speaker, not a stack of cabs cranked to 11.
Yeah, we sorta got sidetracked. There's probably an eminence that would do the deed nicely too.

TS, if you sort out your amp like we are explained your opinion would undoubtedly change. Especially the speaker, man. Put something decent in it and you'll swear you just bought a new amp worth twice as much.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I am thinking of fixxing my clean sound first
I will propably buy a delay and then i may fix my speaker
thanks for everything man
The speaker will make a huge difference to your cleans. You're going at it from the wrong direction. After you sort out the amp you'll know what you need extra. You're back to front and upside down.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Depends on what you decide to get. If you were to go the V30 path you could do it on the cheap with a WGS clone for $70 and at the other end of the spectrum an EV would set you back about $260 and there are a lot of other options in between. A Celestion G12-65 would be a fine option between those two as well.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Don't forget used speakers either. They're already broken in and cheaper, the best of both worlds. Used Eminence go for around $50 and Celestions about $70

If you're worried about shady used gear then look on ebay, their buyer protection is incredible if you hit a lemon.
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

Quote by hazekoko
My pedals distortion is 10 times better than the amp's distortion
DSL 's distortion is very good but i have to put it at loud and i can't...
So I use my riot and at loud its better than my marshall
thanks anyway
This is slightly worrying. The DSL40C isn't a bad-sounding amp by any means and the character of distortion it has is perfect for what you're trying to do. Take another look at how you're setting the EQ on your amp.