Sup,

There is this guy who says that lipstick pickups are very deep/bass/full sounding.
My argument was that they're very jangly/trebly/hollow sounding..

My other argument was also that Danelectro's are closest to Telecaster in sound while he denies any resemblance to it.

Now who's right?
Serious answers please.

GO!
Last edited by AmirT at May 6, 2013,
Quote by soundgarden1986
lol i don't even know what the shit a lipstick pick up is

How to ignore a thread in two simple steps;

1. Don't click it.
2. There's no second step.

Quote by AmirT

1. Don't click it.

I don't know what the hell a lipstick pickup is either. Why should I ignore the thread? Quit being defensive over nothing, you kinda look idiotic.

two simple steps... omg you are just soo funny.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by AmirT

1. Don't click it.

Well you know maybe a little clarification as to what exactly a "Lipstick Pickup" is would have helped. You know, links to youtube videos depicting them and what they sound like. 'Cause I've never heard of them either.

EDIT: Maybe TS is a sophisticated adbot that's trying to get us to research what a lipstick pickup is so we'll buy them. You can't fool me TS.
Last edited by DardySon at May 6, 2013,
Quote by DardySon
Well you know maybe a little clarification as to what exactly a "Lipstick Pickup" is would have helped. You know, links to youtube videos depicting them and what they sound like. 'Cause I've never heard of them either.

What's Youtube? Clarificate me please

I have 4 tubes in my amp, but no "youtube".
Quote by AmirT
What's Youtube? Clarificate me please

I have 4 tubes in my amp, but no "youtube".

It's basically a tube for your amp that has "you" written on it. Common sense fool, get some.
TS, you're probably better off asking this in I guess EG (or does GG&A handle the pickups?).

The rest of you: lipstick pickups are the round bullet looking single coil pickups Danelectro uses. I haven't used them myself, but I also tend to shy away from Danelectros because they look quite... shit.
REGGIE
Quote by DardySon
It's basically a tube for your amp that has "you" written on it. Common sense fool, get some.

Ooh, I'm sorry. My grand-children just told me I could search it up on this computer-site called Google. It's nice to look things up.
Quote by AmirT
Ooh, I'm sorry. My grand-children just told me I could search it up on this computer-site called Google. It's nice to look things up.

Don't forget the first thing you should do on google is to type in "How do I google something?" I'd hate for you to make any mistakes and come across some "lady" sites.
Your grandchildren sound pretty stupid. Tell them to eat a dick.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I'm not sure who's serious and who's taking the piss in this thread.

I'd say lipsticks (at least in a danelectro) and kind of jangly but more mellow than a telecaster.

It's a mellow bite. Like being gummed by a rottweiller with no teeth compared to a tele which is more like getting chomped by a baby alligator.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Definitely, TS, the Line 6 Spider III is a great amp and exactly what you need.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
It would be funnier if TS asked about dipstick pickups.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by DardySon
Don't forget the first thing you should do on google is to type in "How do I google something?" I'd hate for you to make any mistakes and come across some "lady" sites.

You being serious now?
Anybody who describes a tone as 'jangly' should be executed, and if they talk about tone at all, they're probably an arsehole.
Quote by element4433
What if the way their wieners were positioned they could only pee into each other's mouths?

And one had his finger joined to the other's butthole?

PLAY
UG
MINECRAFT

Or don't. Yeah don't.
Quote by Masquirina
Say, lately my guitar has this really jangly-wangly tone, I think it has something to do with the fret pickup because its dealies are all loose and jingly-jangly.

lel u troled me now am actuly mad bro.
Quote by element4433
What if the way their wieners were positioned they could only pee into each other's mouths?

And one had his finger joined to the other's butthole?

PLAY
UG
MINECRAFT

Or don't. Yeah don't.
everybody has to compensate for the fact they know nothing about guitars by tearing TS a new one for no reason.

anyway, you're correct, TS.
#DTWD
Last edited by primusfan at May 6, 2013,
Quote by Laird95
Anybody who describes a tone as 'jangly' should be executed, and if they talk about tone at all, they're probably an arsehole.

what if it sounds jangly?
#DTWD
Quote by Laird95

Oh, you just made a not-friend.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA