Median green option
32 37%
More not than green
22 26%
I try hard NOT to be green
5 6%
Voters: 86.
Page 1 of 2
There has been a lot of evolution in the field of "green" technology in the past ten years - a rise in the use of renewable energies, etc. - but none of this technological growth will mean a thing if it weren't adopted by people in general.

So, how would you rate yourself on the "green" scale? Do you recycle 100% of your consumed goods and live solely on solar power? Or do you laugh and you dump oil in the ocean and burn it?

Personally, I recycle goods when I can (especially electronics, thanks to Best Buy. I've recycled tons of old shit from work on my own time) I try not to waste any consumable goods (food, shower products etc.) and I always take back my returnable soda bottles/cans. However, I don't recycle as much plastic as I should since I don't have a trash-man-esque recycling surface where I currently live (I did in the past).
Last edited by RPGoof at May 6, 2013,
I don't have a car anymore, and I was raised recycling.

But I always leave the lights in the house on
Only when it's beneficial to me solar power is too expensive, but I do buy local veggies- simply because they taste better, things like that.
I have to recycle because it's the law in my city, and I'm cheap which often translates to "green" in practice.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
The green movement is a marketing gimmick. i.e. The parts and manufacturing to a hybrid car which is supposed to be green are actually more harmful to the environment and wasteful than a new car that gets 30 mpg on non-hybrid gasoline engine and isn't advertised as green.
I recycle, I don't drive, I leave electricity on in my room all night. It probably evens out.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by DeadlyIllness
The green movement is a marketing gimmick. i.e. The parts and manufacturing to a hybrid car which is supposed to be green are actually more harmful to the environment and wasteful than a new car that gets 30 mpg on non-hybrid gasoline engine and isn't advertised as green.

Sure, there are corporations that cash in and cause more trouble, but that doesn't mean the movement as a whole is worthless.
I recycle, but I also drink about 2 cases of water bottles a week. I don't think it evens out
“Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I'm not going to make it, but you laugh inside — remembering all the times you've felt that way.”
― Charles Bukowski

Twitter if you want
Eh. I recycle around the house as much as I can. I think I'd like to get into it more than that though.
Quote by blake1221
Sure, there are corporations that cash in and cause more trouble, but that doesn't mean the movement as a whole is worthless.

I was going to say this as well.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I was green before I moved to Nashville. Now I'm cowboy boot brown.
"I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal.
But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existence either.
"
-Maynard

| |
I don't make much of an effort to be green but I certainly don't **** it up for anyone else. I'm reasonable.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
I don't drive, I recycle everything, no idea where my electricity is coming from, but since I'm in sweden, probably nuclear and water power, possibly some Polish coal, but oh well. I'm also pretty meticulous about turning lights off when I don't need them. I don't care at all about the food I buy, usually takes the cheapest, not what's best for the environment. So yes, I'm probably "greener" than the average guy around here, but I'd say I'm not going to extremes either
i recycel and grow some of my own vegetables ...although this year ive been too busy to tend to them and i didnt catch a pest infestation in time
its going to be a long winter

but seirously im decnetly green i dont drive i often hav elights offs most of the time recycling
i would go vegeterian if meat wasnt so delicious

i think it wouldnt be sucha big problem if we didnt have so many people
i often wonder what not having any kids for a year would affect the world
Quote by supersac
i often wonder what not having any kids for a year would affect the world

Do it for like 5 years and it would probably crash the world economy
Living in Washington makes me at least 50% green by default
My God, it's full of stars!
Well I'm a vegetarian, so that counts for something I suppose. Not that that's the main reason I turned veg.

Personally I'm quite pessimistic about the green movement. The combination of a massive population, poor education, powerful oil companies etc makes for a depressing future. I am, however, slightly optimistic about scientific progress in this area, as it's a field relatively unaffected by the former factors, and technology is constantly improving. But bah, speculation.
I dont recycle, I eat meat, I drive a car everyday, and I spray hair spray everywhere.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
No joke, the environmental committee at my school is called SMEGGMA. One of these days imma take a photograph of their logo.

I just felt the need to say that. Good day.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: A bunch of forced listening by my composition teacher... some great stuff by Bach, Haydn, Mozart, Schubert, Liszt...

GTA V! ... the 120th game of the franchise.
I recycle, I use the cfl light bulbs, I use reusable grocery bags, and I don't leave the lights on when I don't need to.

I do take 20 minute showers though so it cancels out.
STಠ_ಠ
I reuse as much glass as possible, separate my recyclables, ride a bike everywhere, eat organically (when possible and affordable, and I keep my farts in a jar so i can smell them wherever i go.
last.fm[/url}
I go to fields and tell cows to fart
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
How can you take it too far? You can dedicate your life to it which would be crazy but saying that's "too far" is kind of ridiculous since ultimately it's a good thing they're doing.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
How can you take it too far? You can dedicate your life to it which would be crazy but saying that's "too far" is kind of ridiculous since ultimately it's a good thing they're doing.
Simple. You judge other for their "non-green" choices. Consider my family. We recycle many of our bottles. We also have a large garden and use many plastic bottles to start plants in. If someone started criticizing us for using a plastic bag, that'd be ridiculous, considering we'd probably end up using it for multiple uses.

And yet, we have a lot of green advocates (more on the internet or in popular media), who love to criticize people for things like using plastic bags or owning a sports car. The old adage is "worry about yourself, and let everyone else alone". (That's not word for word, but you get the point.)

My point is, when you make a judgement about something someone does or did, you have no idea of the context outside of what you see/heard. It'd be easy for some green advocate on the internet to blast Sam's family for NOT BEING GREEN...until he realized what we're doing is actually very green. But the thing is, we don't do it because it's green; we do it because it costs us less money over the long run.

Edit:
I'm sure there's lots of examples of families who are the complete opposite of my family, but you can't condemn or criticize people for things like that. People love to condemn and criticize, when they have zero business doing that.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at May 6, 2013,
Well being green doesn't mean being a judgemental asshole. Just like veganism, it's just the stereotype that they're annoying about it.
Quote by Sliide90027

Quote by MusicLord16
Quote by Trowzaa
I recycle, I don't drive, I leave electricity on in my room all night. It probably evens out.

Yeah I'm pretty much like this. Also I'm vegetarian which makes me a bit more green (literally olol)
edit: oh but I do take long showers (totally necessary for hair maintenance)

dem symmetrical poll results
Last edited by captainsnazz at May 6, 2013,
I take long showers, my dad drives a truck, ive been raised on dirty oil money, etc etc etc.

I am irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. If you want to help the environment push for regulation on large scale corporations, those are the ones truly doing the irreparable damage. We are not even a drop in the bucket.
I've built fuzz pedals out of dead CFL bulbs.
I've built furniture from old lumber from torn down houses and other structures.
I cannibalize old electronics to experiment with other electronic stuff.
i dont recycle (much) and i am working on getting a drivers license

i use a dickload of electricity 24/7 and take very long showers but since i got dat geothermal energy it doesn't really matter
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Last edited by Burgery at May 6, 2013,
*Looks at username*

Pretty fucking green

But yeah, I try to do my bit with recycling and not wasting energy etc.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Page 1 of 2