Hi I'm on a budget and I'm going to work this summer for 4 months to get money for the guitar so i want a decent one

Budget - 500 $ for the guitar plus 50-100 $ for an amp

Favorite Artists - I love both Slash and DJ Ashba ....and both tones are great I'd prefer Slash's though

Preferences - I love a black guitar but not a V shape though but if not possible any classic shape will be ok

Pickups - I don't even know the differences

New or Used - New

Location - Egypt - Cairo

It's hard for me to find every guitar in here so please include as many options as possible ....this country is a piece of shit and i can't afford shipping fees from USA to here .....

Oh btw .......I don't need a huge loud amp ....it's just that i will play guitar in my room and i don't want it loud ....

and the last thing : does anyone know a way to get a guitar from USA without that much shipping fees?? i mean can someone send one to me ...i don't know how though

Please help me I'm just a 17 plain guy ...and a guitar would really change my whole life ...I can't imagine my life without getting a guitar this summer

Thanks in advance ........peace
Last edited by BrownCrown8 at May 6, 2013,
Honestly, you're probably better off spending a bit more on your amp and less on your guitar. A good guitar through a bad amp will sound bad. A bad guitar through a decent amp can sound quite good. Even on something small and low-wattage.

You might look at non-USA based online sellers. Your import costs might be lower. Thomann has a pretty good reputation and selection.

My guess is that something like an Epiphone LP of some kind, or a Strat or Tele with 1-2 humbucker pickups would be to your liking. Perhaps a Yamaha?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I'd spend around $200 of that on amp and $400 on guitar.

Amp: Go with a small tube amp (1-5 watts) like this: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/blackstar-ht-series-ht-1-1w-1x8-tube-guitar-combo-amp

Guitar: Look at Epiphone, Schecter, and Fender. Fender's Standard Stratocaster (Mexican) is available with a humbucker in the bridge position (same type of pickup as in the Schecters and Epiphones) that will get you closer to a Slash sound than the stock single-coil.

Consider going used, especially if you can try the guitar before buying it.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
thank you for your suggestions

I think I'm gonna get a 400 $ guitar with a 200 $ amp .....but i want some options ....could you please mention like 5 guitars in this price range as well as 5 Amps ....

coz i figured out that if i buy from USA ,a 400 $ guitar would cost me additional 250 $ for shipping and taxes

so the USA option is impossible ....so please mention many models to see if i can get one of them from one of the music stores in Egypt

and thank you again
My bet is that Fender, Epiphone, Ibanez, Yamaha or any of the big brands would be your best bet since they're more likely to have worldwide distribution, or at least distribution through a non-American outlet.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Epiphones are good, priced right and play better than some Gibsons I've picked up. I think Slash uses a Gibson style, Fender's are more bluesy unless you distort it out like Eddie Van Halen. Get a Fender Mustang amp, save yourself buying a pedal.