did they check down the back of the couch?
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
They should have checked the kitchen, they probably did the right thing and never left.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by hendrixfreak93
How would you react?
Umm... I don't really understand. Wouldn't everyone react the same? Happy to be alive to share the story via publicity?
Other than joyful at first, I'd obviously be pretty angry at the authorities for not finding me sooner.
Whaaat? Seriously? C'mon man. As long as they tried, I wouldn't be angry at the authorities for anything. I don't really know how anyone could.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
They should have checked the kitchen, they probably did the right thing and never left.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at May 7, 2013,
Quote by AKnownHardman
Didnt know whether to post this in YLYL or here…. the ending

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axCn04iXkBg&feature=player_embedded

I couldnt see what was so funny until the end.

Im glad they're ok. Thats such a crazy story.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Umm... I don't really understand. Wouldn't everyone react the same? Happy to be alive to share the story via publicity? Whaaat? Seriously? C'mon man. As long as they tried, I wouldn't be angry at the authorities for anything. I don't really know how anyone could.

Eh, I dunno. It's TEN YEARS though. Everything would be crazy different. I'd feel like Tom Hanks in Castaway at the ending when he finds out his wife remarried, or if it floats your boat the same thing in Family Guy. Angry, but is it justified anger?

EDIT: Maybe angry wasn't the right word. Just trying to get into these ladies' heads.
edit: inb4 fixed to say "ladies' pants"
Quote by EndTheRapture51
no one fuckin cares
Last edited by hendrixfreak93 at May 7, 2013,
I'd go Oldboy on the person who kidnapped me.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Well yeah. Anyone is obviously going to eventually be like "Hey world, what'd I miss? " after being gone for so long. But I still don't think there's much room for people to act different than how I described above. Which is, again, why I don't really understand the question.

And if things changed for them as dramatically as a re-marriage, well, it probably would be justified anger, but that's a personal issue. Anyone would react the same even if they didn't disappear.

Still a good story though.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at May 7, 2013,
Just saw this on the 11 o'clock news. Pretty insane. Lol did you see the guy that found them? He was a piece of work to understand. We got subtitles on our news station.

As far as TS's questions. I don't think being mad at the authorities is very realistic. Stuff like this isn't like the show Without A Trace, or CSI. If the kidnapper's smart enough, they can keep something like this hidden for some time. Also, have you read up on Stockholm Syndrome? It's possible that these women, after a period of time, didn't even feel much of a desire to escape. The call for help may have been somewhat spur of the moment after something happened, or they had a mental epiphany of sorts.

As far as reaction? If we take into account what I mentioned in the previous paragraph, as well as the age at which they were abducted (around 16. I believe they were 14, 15 and something like 19...?), we may never know unless we spoke to these women maybe a year after this whole ordeal. My best guess is a level of confusion. That age range is confusing as is for most people with the whole puberty+coming of age+learning who you are, and to have something life-changing like that happen could have some strange effects on the emotions associated with it, and this whole thing will take time for the women to process fully.

EDIT: also wanted to add that Cleveland's not the best place to live. Not entirely surprising that this went unnoticed. /source: I was born in Cleveland, and have been there at least thirty times. I have family there.
Last edited by mjones1992 at May 7, 2013,
Quote by AKnownHardman

LOL

that's so ****ing depraved and sadistic to keep three girls locked up for ten years for nothing but physical and mental abuse... there are much too many sick fvcks around even in the quiet areas. Glad these girls managed to escape.
Quote by ErikLensherr
I'd go Oldboy on the person who kidnapped me.

You just wanna bang your sister/daughter

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Deeeaaddd give away!

Glad they made it out safe though.... mad stuff

Fritzl still holds the record though
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
I feel kinda bad for her when she says in the 911 call "I've been on the news for the last 10 years".

No one's heard of her since like the third day after she went missing.

Glad they're found, though.
Quote by AKnownHardman

I can't contain my lelz
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Last edited by Skynyrd890 at May 7, 2013,
It's like that Friztl case. But she was locked up for 28 years. I haven't even been alive that long. Can't even imagine it. It'd be nice to see how they are doing now. I hope they have a good life.
Am I the only one who is reminded of the movie Pink Flamingos?

I know that was only a tiny part of the film, but it's certainly relevant, except the women weren't used as a baby farm. Apparently these captors didn't have the sense to sell the infants despite being able to keep three adults captive within metropolitan jurisdictions.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I thought about Pink Flamingos when I heard about this too.

I'm glad they're okay though. Can't imagine the years of therapy ahead though
“Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I'm not going to make it, but you laugh inside — remembering all the times you've felt that way.”
― Charles Bukowski

Twitter if you want
Quote by desperatechris
That must have been a hell of a big kitchen

'I knew something was wrong when I saw dat nigs big ass kitchen. Dead give away. Deeadd give away. Deaaaaaddd give away!'
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

I'm glad they made it out alive. I don't understand why it took them this long to get out though. Sure stockholm syndrome could be a factor, I just find it very strange. I wonder if they were allowed to wonder inside the house but with the doors locked, or if they were constantly locked within a room. It will be interesting to see how this develops.
Quote by mjones1992
Also, have you read up on Stockholm Syndrome? It's possible that these women, after a period of time, didn't even feel much of a desire to escape. The call for help may have been somewhat spur of the moment after something happened, or they had a mental epiphany of sorts.

More likely to be something like this:
http://thinkprogress.org/health/2013/05/06/1967591/elizabeth-smart-abstinence-ed/#
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by smittyanthrax
Maybe something like this will happen for Madeleine McCann/

No silly, you can't un-drown someone
Quote by lambofgod127

The guy in that video is such a legend

Really glad they have been found. Can't imagine what it must have been like.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by slash_GNR666
No silly, you can't un-drown someone

Yes you can, you just have to put them in a bag of uncooked rice and leave them out in the sun for a few hours.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
Yes you can, you just have to put them in a bag of uncooked rice and leave them out in the sun for a few hours.

Oh ........ ok........ I'll go grab her out of the basement
Quote by lambofgod127

hopefully vengeance will at least equal the years they were captive
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
That's absolutely mental.
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
Crazy shit! I live about 2 miles from there and have gone by that house on my way to band practice hundreds of times! I'm off today and may go over there to check out all the excitement later. It is a lovely neighborhood.

It reminds me of the case from the old made for tv movie "I Know My First Name is Steven".

When I was in high school, a friend of mine went missing and was never found. It wasn't too far from where these girls were kidnaped. I doubt there's a connection but my heart goes out to my friend's parents today, it's gotta be an awkward, heavy time for them.
Last edited by lucky1978 at May 7, 2013,
Quote by soundgarden1986
Why be mad at the authorities for not finding you sooner? You aren't the only person alive that matters. They DO have other responsibilities. I'd just be thrilled to be free.

Because from what I've been hearing, they didn't even look. Also unconfirmed reports that the house they were kept captive in had been called in as suspicious but nobody bothered to check it out.

Yeah, I'd be pissed...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by >>>G30<<<
I'm glad they made it out alive. I don't understand why it took them this long to get out though. Sure stockholm syndrome could be a factor, I just find it very strange. I wonder if they were allowed to wonder inside the house but with the doors locked, or if they were constantly locked within a room. It will be interesting to see how this develops.

That's a reasonable point. Why did it take them ten years to get out?

Dave Chappelle does a great bit about this. There would have had to have been at least a few chances to get out. I've never been kidnapped though, so I can't really speak on the matter. But I figure at the age she was kidnapped at, she could have tried something at some point.

I mean, that's ten years of your life and you just let someone do that? You don't even try?

I'm interested to hear if they tried to escape or not, I think that's a fair point to make.
Quote by severed-metal
That's a reasonable point. Why did it take them ten years to get out?

Dave Chappelle does a great bit about this. There would have had to have been at least a few chances to get out. I've never been kidnapped though, so I can't really speak on the matter. But I figure at the age she was kidnapped at, she could have tried something at some point.

I mean, that's ten years of your life and you just let someone do that? You don't even try?

I'm interested to hear if they tried to escape or not, I think that's a fair point to make.

Yeah I see more of a mental game going on here. It's like that Elizabeth Smart thing, where the kidnapper guy had to go to the police station to take care of some nimble paperwork or something and he brought her with him and they didn't even say a word. At a young age, it's very easy to be brainwashed, or at least it's very easy to be controlled by fear. If this had happened to them when they were much older, you can pretty much be guaranteed they would've tried just about anything to get out. Then again, it's often seen in situations when the kidnappers is male and the victim is female, there is a huge mental domination concept going on, and it's possible that the female victim chooses submission rather than opposition in order to preserve herself. Not trying to be all ''women are weak'' and stuff, but it's a common scenario. However, in this situation, these women finally escaped and weren't afraid to scream for help, which shows a huge moment of bravery right there; bravery which holds no preference for men or women.

I saw the press conference on CNN, and the doctor guy came on and pretty much said ''can't divulge any further details at the time'' for like 15 minutes. So, I think there's some concerns for privacy here, and I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sexual abuse and rape involved in this. Something that can be a very humiliating thing for a woman to admit, it's also why many women never report they've been raped because they feel humiliated when they have to talk about it.

Either way, this guy is going away for good (or wasn't there more than one person involved?), and he's most likely going to go through the most fearful time of his life when he goes to jail, or at least until he's put into solitary.
Last edited by metalblaster at May 7, 2013,
Charles Ramsey is a hero.

You would need to be ******ed to not understand what he is saying. It is pretty clear, unless yall talk like posh ****s when you at home with your boys or some shit.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.