Hey guys, I recently received an old guitar from my family. It is a 1980's acoustic. I was looking into getting an attachable pickup, or installing an on board microphone so I could use it at churches and such. What would be the best route to go, and could anyone recommend some gear from those categories?

Thanks!
Quote by neidnarb11890
Image is about having hot licks & rock star swag, not fancy amps.

Quote by garden of grey
That's what the Illuminati wants you to think, man
You need to soak the guitar in a tub of water overnight if you want to get the pickup to work right.

Don't worry, all 80s guitars are like this.
Check Stewmac for piesio pickup kits. I installed one on a Martin last year. You need to drill two holes in your guitar. One small one for the replacement bridge wire and one larger to replace the strap knob for the output jack. Easy upgrade. Good luck.
Quote by Guitbuilder
Check Stewmac for piesio pickup kits. I installed one on a Martin last year. You need to drill two holes in your guitar. One small one for the replacement bridge wire and one larger to replace the strap knob for the output jack. Easy upgrade. Good luck.
I did this with an old Epiphone dreadnought of mine. Thinking about it, that was my first ever guitar mod. Worked fine but I never used it.

Alternatively, you can get pickups that sit across the sound hole in a non-permanent kind of way and many years ago my dad used to have a piezo that you just stuck to the soundboard with blu-tak-like stuff - not sure if these are still around if you're after something less invasive.