Been playing since the start the year and been following Justin Sandercoe's website and just fancy something different.

BUDGET around £300, $465

Favourite Artist Jimi Hendrix, Love, Beach Boys, Jefferson Airplane, Funkadelic, The Stone Roses, The Smiths, Simon and Garfunkel, The Who, Pink Floyd, The Pixies, REM, Bob Marley, The Doors and The Byrds,

Preference Open to anything.

Pick Ups Open to anything

New Or Used. Would preface New, but would consider used.

Location Hull, England.

Current Gear Fender Squier Affinity HSS Strat through a Fender Mustang 1 amp.
well a strat would be perfect for you but I see you already have a squire version and want something different.
Would you prefer humbuckers or single coils?
Is it a new shape you would like?
I would suggest a Les Paul style guitar if you would like something different, for 300 quid I would suggest an Epiphone Les Paul Standard http://www.gak.co.uk/en/epiphone-les-paul-standard-ebony/18286
There are 3 colours to choose from in a little drop down box.
Or an LTD EC 256 FM http://www.gak.co.uk/en/esp-ltd-ec-256-fm-(honey/66827 same deal with the colours.
If it was my money I would get the LTD because I prefer the necks and they seem to be a higher quality in the relatuive price bracket from what I have seen.
I think you would prefer the LTD neck if you have been playing a strat to be honest mate.
I've been thinking about one of the Epiphone Dot's or maybe a Squier Jaguar. I just don't find decent reviews of them.
If your thinking about a hollowbody like the DOT try out a ibanez artcore. I really like mine i got it used for like 200 and its twice the guitar the dot is.
Quote by TheCasual2013
I've been thinking about one of the Epiphone Dot's or maybe a Squier Jaguar. I just don't find decent reviews of them.

Yeah, these are just completely different guitars. If you want a semi hollow with the fender characteristics, go for a Squier VM Thinline Telecaster. The Artcore is a good suggestion too, but the Dot is a fine choice.

You should go try a few guitars out to narrow the field.
OffsetOffset
i reckon you should be able to do much better than a squier for £300. thomann still has a few of last year's japanese-made fender pawn shop guitars for around £350, if you can stretch. Even if you can't, as i said, i reckon you can do better than a squier...

EDIT:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/fender_pawn_shop_51_bk.htm

http://www.thomann.de/gb/fender_pawn_shop_72_3tsb.htm

I haven't tried them, but assuming they're of equivalent quality to the japanese-made fenders I have tried... they'll smoke a squier.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at May 8, 2013,
Thanks for the effort guys.

I'll have look at them, Dave Mc. They look like a cross between a Tele and a strat.
yeah i mean they're not really vintage-accurate models or anything like that, if you know you want a strat, say, then get a strat, but if you just want as good a guitar as you can get for your budget (new), they're gonna be pretty strong contenders, I'd imagine.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I would recommend a strat, butif you want something different and "classic" an epiphone lespaul or an LTD EC-400 could be great. There are also some Ibanez RG or S series with fixed bridge that could be cool too
Jackson DK2FS
Fernandes FR-65

Morley pro series pedal
BBE two time Delay
Empress Nebulus
Subdecay Quantum Quasar
Solid Gold FX Nitro

Blackstar HT stage 100
Marshal 1922 2x12 (V-30, Greenback)
Its a little over your stated budget, but this should be a damn good guitar (if it's still available):

http://www.guitarmart.co.uk/advert/G17094

I imported a Fret-King from England to Texas earlier this year- their version of a HSS-style Strat- and have been impressed with it. When I took it to my favorite local music store to get a strap & hardshell case for it, some of the guys compared it to G&Ls they had played. In other words, they make a quality product.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at May 9, 2013,