Page 1 of 2
Yeah so I'm working on a new album, have already got most of the tracks tracked (hehe) and I'm thinking I can't really assign names to these tracks I've been working on (all instrumentals). Not to force myself, I figured what if I have an album with unnamed tracks?

Also thinking of may be going a bit like Buckethead and doing a numbered, CD edition with just white boxes and some doodles on them (mind you I've been painting for over 10 years now) and a blank white CD. plus the name of the album and the name of the artist i.e. me: Vendetta V.

Wanted to know your opinion about the whole thing.

another reason is that I actually am having issues with the CD plant in the country (the only one that does thermal CD printing) so this would also save me from the troubles with them and their lack of paints.

TL;DR: what do you think of plain white CD box with a doodle on it and a white CD with instrumental music?
I would go with track names, even if they aren't that special. I hate it when I hand up having tracks around without a name, especially if I want to listen to a certain one and have to go through them all to find it.

Naming them after UGers is simple enough and not to toot my own horn but, I think my user name would make a pretty good title
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
Pretty sure that's incredibly uncommon, and it doesn't make you appear as committed as an artist. It's something you just need to do, man.

Also, I had trouble with that before. But then I went on a vacation to the Bahamas, and then, out of nowhere, all these ideas for songs and titles came to me. So maybe try going out somewhere to help clear your head if you can't think of anything.

^ and do that.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at May 7, 2013,
anybody who does it who isn't elliott smith is lame as hell

he has 5 songs called "No Name #x" and all of them have lyrics. then he has an instrumental song (on the same album as No Name 1-4) with a title. that takes juevos
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
I think it's OK to have one or two untitled tracks if they're just brief interludes with no real significance, but a whole album of them would be way too much.

What's the album called? You could name them "(album title) part 1", "(album title) part 2" etc, at least then people would have some point of reference.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Name them, it doesn't matter what the names are as long as you name them. One could be called Diddle-splat booty rump, as long as it's named.
Quote by GaryBillington
I think it's OK to have one or two untitled tracks if they're just brief interludes with no real significance, but a whole album of them would be way too much.

What's the album called? You could name them "(album title) part 1", "(album title) part 2" etc, at least then people would have some point of reference.

or you could do like periphery and just add them between tracks as a palate cleanser
Quote by Kevätuhri

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
so.... you wear a mask, play some sort of electro shred thing, want to organize your albums in a way buckethead already did and your name is the name of a movie?

What's your angle, exactly?

(also yeah, name your songs... open the dictionnary on a random page and there's your song title. repeat)
well that sounds like everyone's up for names. I am probably able to think of names, but I just kind of like the idea that every listener will get their own ideas from the track, not get pre-biased from my names. (although I usually name my tracks with a very versatile name)
@yoman
Actually, something like that would be creative. Not that exactly, but maybe something like the first letter in each track spelling out the album name or something like that.

Or kind of like what Local H did with their 12 Angry Months album where tracks 1-12 had the month in front of the song name.

Get creative, TS!
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at May 7, 2013,
your music sucks anyway dude, nobody cares what you call it honestly
Quote by Kevätuhri

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Quote by Vendetta V
well that sounds like everyone's up for names. I am probably able to think of names, but I just kind of like the idea that every listener will get their own ideas from the track, not get pre-biased from my names. (although I usually name my tracks with a very versatile name)

I like it when songs have names that give a premise for the music. I enjoy a lot of Black Metal titles for this reason since it makes me imagine a more fleshed out setting for the music.
At the very least name them 1-12 or whatever. I'd still much prefer names as that would be really hard to remember.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by yoman297
man, you are a really bad troll

Negative opinion =/= troll.

Regardless, if it's all instrumentals but they aren't cohesive or tied together (IE Nine Inch Nails with "Ghosts I-IV"), title them. If they do form a distinguishable whole, you can start considering not titling.
As long as you don't name your track "Untitled."
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by Gerard Way Jr
Negative opinion =/= troll.

Regardless, if it's all instrumentals but they aren't cohesive or tied together (IE Nine Inch Nails with "Ghosts I-IV"), title them. If they do form a distinguishable whole, you can start considering not titling.

DAMN beat me to it...
Quote by snipelfritz
As long as you don't name your track "Untitled."

And make it 9 minutes long where after 4 minutes it's just silence and then a minute later a hidden song plays. I hate that shit.

Or, alternatively, you could just make it one giant song. Only need one title.
i lied, burial did [untitled] and he's pretty cool too

but you're not burial or elliott smith TS you just wish you were buckethead

Quote by yoman297
man, you are a really bad troll

i remember him from MT and bandleading forever ago and didn't say anything then so why not now
Quote by Kevätuhri

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Last edited by Hail at May 7, 2013,
Quote by Hail
i lied, burial did [untitled] and he's pretty cool too

I forget which Ratatat LP it was, but they didn't title any of the tracks and they're just called 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ect. I didn't like it, I could never remember which one was which and it got on my nerves

And the Alt-J thing where after like 20 minutes of silence after Taro ends there's a hidden track

But if you don't want to title the track that's okay just don't do either of those things
Well, it's pretty gimmicky to be honest. Just makes you seem over-pretentious, but, in a try too hard way, even if that's not he case.

Just look at ( ) by Sigur Ros, is that the level of pretentiousness you think you can get away with?

Nothing's better than stupidly, obnoxiously long though.
Last edited by Chrisseh at May 7, 2013,
Just close your eyes. Turn around. First thing you see, name it after that.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Indian Summer did that and their fans assigned names to the song.

You are not Indian Summer. Nut up and name the damn songs.
Unless you're Led Zeppelin, no.
So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world.
~Jack Layton 1950-2011
I think we're all in agreement that it's a horrible idea.

The queston that remains is what's with the obvious buckethead thing and copyright infrigement name?
Quote by Hail

i remember him from MT and bandleading forever ago and didn't say anything then so why not now

Can't really argue with that..
Quote by blake1221
It's all he's got. He's not going to change either thing.

so in that case go right ahead with the doodle for song names. Maybe you can get an endorsement from popey's chicken or something
Quote by blake1221
Indian Summer did that and their fans assigned names to the song.

You are not Indian Summer. Nut up and name the damn songs.

Mhmm!

Or at least use various English characters to represent names.
you could always call one of them

ȋ̡̝̼̺͕͈̠͛̇͊́́'̴̰̖̥̞̪̳͋̆̅́̂̈́ͨͭ͑̀͒͊̐̀͠ͅmͨͮͪͤͫ̓ͥ͐ͯͬͯ҉̢̘͕̤̺̝̤͜͠͝ ̷̧̡̝̦̪͚ͪ̃ͥͦ̂̐̿̀͐͋̚̕͝u̓̂͒ͥ̓̎̑͒͛̍̿ͪ̃͏̨̜̦̣̭͟n̖͖̜̮̙̤̙͈̜̗̑̈́̓ͥ͌͛̽͝͡ͅŏ͐ͫ̾͊̈ͬ͋͏̧҉̧̼̺̹̮͔̦̪̞͉̣͔͇̜͔̘̞͖ͅr̵̛̗͓͓̲̦̣̯̟͍͚̻͍͛ͪ͌̎̅̽̕i͋̏̇ͯ̊ͪ̏͊̈́̿͗͢҉̴̴̱͚͕̪̼̜͍̰̭̘̫͇̜ͅg̳̬͖̞͙̙̞̼̪̘̟̣̥̽͌̓̊̆ͧ͗̃̋̂ͨ͒͐͛̇͛̃͆̚͘͘͝͡ḭ͙͇̙̿͗͐̋̽ͨ̌̉̎͘͝n̷͐̈̈́ͨ̚҉̷̶̖̣̳̣̗̯̥͍̳̳̳̼̟͍̲͕͎͇̬ą̴̸̧̩̫̳̼̟̦̭̪̥̲̦̻̮̜̣̹͕̊̒̓̐ͦ̃ͬ̿̾̌̌͒̾ͯ͝ͅl͆ͣ̒ͫ̓̃̃ͦ̕͠҉͞͏̻̯͔̺̘͕̣͉
̵̧̡̪̤̯̝̰͇̝͉̀̓ͬ̈́̽ͧ̚͠ȧ̸̴̵͎͉̤̗̏ͯ͌́͠ṇ̷̴̲͖͔͍̟̖̻͚̗̙̬͖̳͕̦̜̇̈́͗ͪͫ̉̌̿̿ͩͩ̃̈́ͥ̽͂ͥ̚ͅd̡͓̣̤̩͇̲ͭ̒ͣͥ͛ͭ̽̄͆ͪ͢͡ ̵̢̧͇͓͙̗͎̫͙̏̿̅ͧͨ̿ͪ̈́̑͢͡c̓̅ͦͣ͏̵̜̼̤͉͍͉͚̤͔͚͡ͅo̾͛ͨͤ̇҉̴̫̤̠̞͍͍̲̗̼͠p̨̱̰͍̪̋ͫ̃̂̚y̸̏̃̏̒͊͆̂͂͛̂́̐̇͌̋ͬ̃̚҉̳̤̩̳̻̯͠ ̌͒͆̇̓͒͜͟͏̦̥̝̹̩͚̺͖̣b̷ͧ͒͗͛̒̄̂͂ͩ̓͋̍͋̀͋̇̑̑͏̛̼̩͎̦̫̗̫̩̫̭̥̕͟u̸͇͈̠̰̤̦̦͉̖͂ͬ̑͆ͧͤ̆̈̄̏͋̇͠c̷̜̯̻̻̻͕͍̫̠̰͇̳͇̣ͫͨ̎̿̋̓͒̎ͥ̅̄ͩ̿̅̑͝k̵̛̯̩̞͇̱̘̤͙̘̘̫͑͂͆͛͛ͭ͛ͩ̉̄̇̚͜͜͝ͅę̿ͤ͐̀͋ͫͨ͞͏̤̲͙t͔̩͙̖̞̰͕̖̮̻̠̹͈͎̘̬̓̄͐̐͊̏̽ͤ͌͋ͣ͆̓͗̈́ͯͤ̒̀͜ḣͦͮ͏̷̛͓͓͚͍̙̙͙̟͕̗̻̫̳̫̼͕͟͠ͅͅe̵̺̱̮̪͋ͨ͌̓́̽ͬ̌͐ͯ̿̓ͦͣ́́͝͡â̅ͫ͏̧̺̪̖̫͔͔̝̺̤̫̫͘͠d̢̞̭̦̰̜̪͈̗̰͚͈̗͕̱̿̌̒́͑͑́̆̉̇̊̑̔ͪ́̕ͅ
̴̴̨̤̞͔̲̯͇̣̞̘̖̳̞̹̖̜͇̮̩͌̎́ͮ̓ͧ͌̂̓̎͑́̕D̶̶̢̡̙̰͕̗̠̰͔̠̟̳͕͔̖̱̼͕̤͔̳ͮ̔́ͯͭ̎ͪ̿͌̑ͫ̆͂̈̅̚̚̚͡Eͨ͌ͧ̊ͬ҉͞҉͎̯͈͉̘̟̪͙̦͓̥͓͔̙̖̣ͅͅA̧͎̫̱̗͈̬͉̠̩̰̼̟̬͓͖̤̠ͬͨ͒̊ͫ̑ͨ͢ͅL̶̖̦͖̯̥̃͗ͦ͋̑ͤ̃̀ ̧͙̫̗̭̜̼̼̙̝̟͖̪͚̪͓͍͎͗͐ͦ̇͛ͧ̋͋̚W̷͙͇̳͚̭͚͓̩̼ͭ̾̃̿̌ͬ̍͂͑̇̄̋ͦͨ̈́̄̚̕͘͢͝I̡̤̫̞̩̗̠̼̥̣̻̰̖̫̦͓̱̅͑ͯ̋͞T̶̡̲͕̫͕̯̜̥̥̈́̿͒ͨͬ́̓̋ͯ̅̃͊ͣ͛̃̕͟͜H̶̪͓̮̲̗͕͕̫̬̓͗͐ͭ̄̾ͪ͐̈́ͪ͠͡͡ ͑͒͐ͭ̏ͣͯͬ̚͝҉̯͍͍͔̦̝̼̪̩͍͔̼̘̥Ì̷̏̋ͤ̂̈͑ͤ͋͋̉͜҉҉̶͕̫̱͉̯̰̬͎͕̪̺̩̳̬̲ͅT̵̢͋ͩͤͦ̓̂͒̌̄̉ͫͦ̾͘҉̯̘͍̳̤̣͚̼̮̤ͅ
̸͉̠͙̰̬̳͚̬̲̼̣͍̤̻̰̯̟̻̱̉̅͑͒ͧ̈́͛͐̓ͫͧ̊́̚
̢̰͙͙̮̺͈͈̖͇͚̗̼̈́̾̾͋̃̈́̾̀͜H̢̛̳͙͖̖ͮ̌̓̅͑̿͋̑́A̢̧͎̺̙̖̤̹̱̋ͤͯ̌ͪͥ͗͒ͦͥ̋͞ͅH̋͑͋̌͂͆̇̅͛̀̓͛ͫ͒̅̑̽̊͢͞҉̝͔͓̳͞A̡̒͑ͤ̓̈́̇ͫ̇͂́̔͌ͤͪ̒̄̋̎҉͇̙̲͈̮̞͈̟̥̣̩̖̳̣̺͞H̡̨̑̅͂̆ͨ̂́̾́͝҉̭̗̯͇A̴̸̺̹̟̮͎͓͍͕̰̜̔̽͗̏ͩ̃̏̃̈̒͑͒̒̔ͣ́̚̕͟Ḣ̑̇̓̉̔ͧ͗ͦͫ̐͗ͮ̓͑͌̒̏͜҉͚͓͙͎̤̳̪͢͠͠ͅA̸͈͇̳̣͕̠͕̳̦̙̖̞͚͒̒̈ͫͦ͑̒̿͆ͯ͊ͩ̀͜͠
Quote by Kevätuhri

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Quote by Hail
you could always call one of them

ȋ̡̝̼̺͕͈̠͛̇͊́́'̴̰̖̥̞̪̳͋̆̅́̂̈́ͨͭ͑̀͒͊̐̀͠ͅmͨͮͪͤͫ̓ͥ͐ͯͬͯ҉̢̘͕̤̺̝̤͜͠͝ ̷̧̡̝̦̪͚ͪ̃ͥͦ̂̐̿̀͐͋̚̕͝u̓̂͒ͥ̓̎̑͒͛̍̿ͪ̃͏̨̜̦̣̭͟n̖͖̜̮̙̤̙͈̜̗̑̈́̓ͥ͌͛̽͝͡ͅŏ͐ͫ̾͊̈ͬ͋͏̧҉̧̼̺̹̮͔̦̪̞͉̣͔͇̜͔̘̞͖ͅr̵̛̗͓͓̲̦̣̯̟͍͚̻͍͛ͪ͌̎̅̽̕i͋̏̇ͯ̊ͪ̏͊̈́̿͗͢҉̴̴̱͚͕̪̼̜͍̰̭̘̫͇̜ͅg̳̬͖̞͙̙̞̼̪̘̟̣̥̽͌̓̊̆ͧ͗̃̋̂ͨ͒͐͛̇͛̃͆̚͘͘͝͡ḭ͙͇̙̿͗͐̋̽ͨ̌̉̎͘͝n̷͐̈̈́ͨ̚҉̷̶̖̣̳̣̗̯̥͍̳̳̳̼̟͍̲͕͎͇̬ą̴̸̧̩̫̳̼̟̦̭̪̥̲̦̻̮̜̣̹͕̊̒̓̐ͦ̃ͬ̿̾̌̌͒̾ͯ͝ͅl͆ͣ̒ͫ̓̃̃ͦ̕͠҉͞͏̻̯͔̺̘͕̣͉
̵̧̡̪̤̯̝̰͇̝͉̀̓ͬ̈́̽ͧ̚͠ȧ̸̴̵͎͉̤̗̏ͯ͌́͠ṇ̷̴̲͖͔͍̟̖̻͚̗̙̬͖̳͕̦̜̇̈́͗ͪͫ̉̌̿̿ͩͩ̃̈́ͥ̽͂ͥ̚ͅd̡͓̣̤̩͇̲ͭ̒ͣͥ͛ͭ̽̄͆ͪ͢͡ ̵̢̧͇͓͙̗͎̫͙̏̿̅ͧͨ̿ͪ̈́̑͢͡c̓̅ͦͣ͏̵̜̼̤͉͍͉͚̤͔͚͡ͅo̾͛ͨͤ̇҉̴̫̤̠̞͍͍̲̗̼͠p̨̱̰͍̪̋ͫ̃̂̚y̸̏̃̏̒͊͆̂͂͛̂́̐̇͌̋ͬ̃̚҉̳̤̩̳̻̯͠ ̌͒͆̇̓͒͜͟͏̦̥̝̹̩͚̺͖̣b̷ͧ͒͗͛̒̄̂͂ͩ̓͋̍͋̀͋̇̑̑͏̛̼̩͎̦̫̗̫̩̫̭̥̕͟u̸͇͈̠̰̤̦̦͉̖͂ͬ̑͆ͧͤ̆̈̄̏͋̇͠c̷̜̯̻̻̻͕͍̫̠̰͇̳͇̣ͫͨ̎̿̋̓͒̎ͥ̅̄ͩ̿̅̑͝k̵̛̯̩̞͇̱̘̤͙̘̘̫͑͂͆͛͛ͭ͛ͩ̉̄̇̚͜͜͝ͅę̿ͤ͐̀͋ͫͨ͞͏̤̲͙t͔̩͙̖̞̰͕̖̮̻̠̹͈͎̘̬̓̄͐̐͊̏̽ͤ͌͋ͣ͆̓͗̈́ͯͤ̒̀͜ḣͦͮ͏̷̛͓͓͚͍̙̙͙̟͕̗̻̫̳̫̼͕͟͠ͅͅe̵̺̱̮̪͋ͨ͌̓́̽ͬ̌͐ͯ̿̓ͦͣ́́͝͡â̅ͫ͏̧̺̪̖̫͔͔̝̺̤̫̫͘͠d̢̞̭̦̰̜̪͈̗̰͚͈̗͕̱̿̌̒́͑͑́̆̉̇̊̑̔ͪ́̕ͅ
̴̴̨̤̞͔̲̯͇̣̞̘̖̳̞̹̖̜͇̮̩͌̎́ͮ̓ͧ͌̂̓̎͑́̕D̶̶̢̡̙̰͕̗̠̰͔̠̟̳͕͔̖̱̼͕̤͔̳ͮ̔́ͯͭ̎ͪ̿͌̑ͫ̆͂̈̅̚̚̚͡Eͨ͌ͧ̊ͬ҉͞҉͎̯͈͉̘̟̪͙̦͓̥͓͔̙̖̣ͅͅA̧͎̫̱̗͈̬͉̠̩̰̼̟̬͓͖̤̠ͬͨ͒̊ͫ̑ͨ͢ͅL̶̖̦͖̯̥̃͗ͦ͋̑ͤ̃̀ ̧͙̫̗̭̜̼̼̙̝̟͖̪͚̪͓͍͎͗͐ͦ̇͛ͧ̋͋̚W̷͙͇̳͚̭͚͓̩̼ͭ̾̃̿̌ͬ̍͂͑̇̄̋ͦͨ̈́̄̚̕͘͢͝I̡̤̫̞̩̗̠̼̥̣̻̰̖̫̦͓̱̅͑ͯ̋͞T̶̡̲͕̫͕̯̜̥̥̈́̿͒ͨͬ́̓̋ͯ̅̃͊ͣ͛̃̕͟͜H̶̪͓̮̲̗͕͕̫̬̓͗͐ͭ̄̾ͪ͐̈́ͪ͠͡͡ ͑͒͐ͭ̏ͣͯͬ̚͝҉̯͍͍͔̦̝̼̪̩͍͔̼̘̥Ì̷̏̋ͤ̂̈͑ͤ͋͋̉͜҉҉̶͕̫̱͉̯̰̬͎͕̪̺̩̳̬̲ͅT̵̢͋ͩͤͦ̓̂͒̌̄̉ͫͦ̾͘҉̯̘͍̳̤̣͚̼̮̤ͅ
̸͉̠͙̰̬̳͚̬̲̼̣͍̤̻̰̯̟̻̱̉̅͑͒ͧ̈́͛͐̓ͫͧ̊́̚
̢̰͙͙̮̺͈͈̖͇͚̗̼̈́̾̾͋̃̈́̾̀͜H̢̛̳͙͖̖ͮ̌̓̅͑̿͋̑́A̢̧͎̺̙̖̤̹̱̋ͤͯ̌ͪͥ͗͒ͦͥ̋͞ͅH̋͑͋̌͂͆̇̅͛̀̓͛ͫ͒̅̑̽̊͢͞҉̝͔͓̳͞A̡̒͑ͤ̓̈́̇ͫ̇͂́̔͌ͤͪ̒̄̋̎҉͇̙̲͈̮̞͈̟̥̣̩̖̳̣̺͞H̡̨̑̅͂̆ͨ̂́̾́͝҉̭̗̯͇A̴̸̺̹̟̮͎͓͍͕̰̜̔̽͗̏ͩ̃̏̃̈̒͑͒̒̔ͣ́̚̕͟Ḣ̑̇̓̉̔ͧ͗ͦͫ̐͗ͮ̓͑͌̒̏͜҉͚͓͙͎̤̳̪͢͠͠ͅA̸͈͇̳̣͕̠͕̳̦̙̖̞͚͒̒̈ͫͦ͑̒̿͆ͯ͊ͩ̀͜͠

Not this again!
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Roman numeral them bitches. Or the dates of significant events in your life.

I actually really like the latter. I could see how I'd even put them on the cds or something.

thanks for everyone's suggestions and (negative) opinions

EDIT:
Quote by flexiblemile

The queston that remains is what's with the obvious buckethead thing and copyright infrigement name?

can you please elaborate on what infringement thing you're talking about? I'm honestly curious
Last edited by Vendetta V at May 7, 2013,
Page 1 of 2