Hi there,

I've recently received my order of my very first tube amp (Peavey 6505+). Absolutely happy with the amp and what a sound!. Upon inspection while the amp is on I noticed that one of the power tubes is not as bright as the other 3. It has a duller glow, while the others shine bright. Should I be worried and have it looked at? Haven't a clue, please help

Thanks
Quote by james.fusco
Hi there,

I've recently received my order of my very first tube amp (Peavey 6505+). Absolutely happy with the amp and what a sound!. Upon inspection while the amp is on I noticed that one of the power tubes is not as bright as the other 3. It has a duller glow, while the others shine bright. Should I be worried and have it looked at? Haven't a clue, please help

Thanks

No need to worry. Bright red is bad, but other than that the light actually doesn't tell you much.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
No need to worry. Bright red is bad, but other than that the light actually doesn't tell you much.

+1 if its bright red, you will likely notice, red-plating is pretty obvious. all tubes are a little different. and tubetime is spot on.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/