Hey guys,

I'm looking for a boost to push a little more drive into my amp's crunchy setting. I have a Fender Blues Jr. 15W 1x12 amp and I really love the overdrive i can get when I crank it up, but sometimes I just want a little more. I've looked at the M-133 and the LPB-1 and I'm leaning towards the LPB-1 due to price and basically the same reviews, but I don't trust any reviews as much as I trust you guys.

So what do you guys think? Or, for what I want, should I look to something else totally different? Like using an OD pedal along with my amp's overdrive? Any input is much appreciated!
Hi. I love
Muse
and
[highlight]Redheads[/highlight]
what type of tone are you after?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well, that's the thing, I don't know a whole lot about tone and what I do and don't want. I tend to like to play more on the high-end frequencies on a dirty setting and more low end on the clean. I'm not really sure what I specifically want. What I do know is that I want more overdrive than I'm getting with my cranked tube amp. I want to have a versatile tone overall, able to adjust easily with my pedalboard (which i am in the process of expanding currently), being able to get a solid clean out of my amp, but be able to really drive the tubes and get a lot of drive. Then, when i have the money, I want to invest into a good distortion pedal to get a more modern-sounding dirty tone.

If you're looking for bands that I like/inspire me, Matt Bellamy of Muse is my hero. Jimmy Page is the man, and I could listen to CCR or Pearl Jam all day every day. Hopefully this helps...lol
Hi. I love
Muse
and
I'd recommend an overdrive/distortion instead of a clean boost, really, unless you really want the clean boost for what it is: a clean boost.

A Blues Junior is probably in stock in a music store near you, I'd just go out and try a bunch of dirt pedals (and the clean boosts while you're at it) with it.
Have a look at more distortiony pedals as opposed to a clean boost.
I recommend the Creation Audio Labs Holy Fire
Clean boost, overdrive and distortion all in one, depending on how you turn the knobs.
Will do CCR to Muse no problems.

But hey there are many more options and these are a little bit harder to come by.
DO what the guy above said, go down to a local shop that stocks blues juniors and try a heap of dirt pedals
Thanks guys, I will definitely go to my local shop and try out a bunch! And I'll check out the Holy Fire as well! Much appreciated.
Hi. I love
Muse
and
Quote by I K0nijn I

A Blues Junior is probably in stock in a music store near you, I'd just go out and try a bunch of dirt pedals (and the clean boosts while you're at it) with it.

+1

for the stuff you listed (and i'm not that well up on them, bear in mind) i reckon a fuzz pedal would be pretty useful. i think bellamy uses a fuzz factory. led zep (and maybe even CCR or pearl jam) would use a more vintage style of fuzz, probably a tonebender (haven't tried that), but a fuzz face would probably work at a pinch and it's probably easier to find fuzz faces (or clones) at a cheaper price than tonebenders.

i'd agree with I K0nijn I too in that unless you're very sure you want a clean boost pedal, you probably would be better off with an od pedal (ideally one that has a fair bit of level boost on tap so it can be used as a pseudo-clean boost with its gain on minimum).

a distortion wouldn't hurt either for the heavier stuff- personally i prefer using a not too heavy distortion pedal and then stacking it with od pedals to get heavier tones. To my ears it sounds more amplike like that.

another option would be a rat- it does a passable od, distortion and fuzz all in the one pedal. the mooer black secret is pretty nice for cheap (especially from china if you're willing to buy online) and might be worth considering.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?