Hey guys, I have a question for you....
So I was being an idiot and I swapped neck plates on my strat and squire. I was lazy and left the strings on, I just kept the neck and the body pressed together tightly and switched plates. Now the guitars are very out of tune and I cant seem to get them to tune correctly now. Has this happened to anyone else? And were you able to fix this without restringing?

Thanks,
Branson
Why would you even do that?

I think that probably neck and body aren't in the same position as they were before your procedure. Few milimeters is enough to make a big difference.
Quote by JackovSlayer
Why would you even do that?

I think that probably neck and body aren't in the same position as they were before your procedure. Few milimeters is enough to make a big difference.

^This. It is particularly true if one guitar was made in the U.S.A. and the other one was not. U.S.A. Fenders are measured in inches, while MIM, MIJ and MIK Fenders all use metric measurements.

On the other hand, you may have tweaked your truss rod with that neck swap. Have a good tech take a look at it. It may need nothing more than a quarter or half-turn of the truss rod to bring it back to normal.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
^This. It is particularly true if one guitar was made in the U.S.A. and the other one was not. U.S.A. Fenders are measured in inches, while MIM, MIJ and MIK Fenders all use metric measurements.

On the other hand, you may have tweaked your truss rod with that neck swap. Have a good tech take a look at it. It may need nothing more than a quarter or half-turn of the truss rod to bring it back to normal.

I think he didn't swap the necks, just the neckplates.

TS, try to put the original parts back on the original guitars. It might help.
Quote by terribleguitar
I think he didn't swap the necks, just the neckplates.

TS, try to put the original parts back on the original guitars. It might help.

Yeah, try that, I don't know why you would even swap them in the first place.