As of recently I have been experiencing problems with my FR on my Schecter Avenger. I have the bridge set up perfectly, the strings take a good few hours to de-tune. But as of late, within two weeks of putting new strings on (Exlier 10's, great strings!), in the middle of playing a song, the g-string will de-tune to an E and when I go to tune it back up I can only get to an F# and the string pops out the saddle. Any solutions? Thanks!
Do you open string lockers at nut and tune with machine heads or are you trying to tune it with fine tuners at floyd? I everything locked tight while you're playing?
Sounds like you have't tightened the string into the bridge saddle enough. Or that there isn't enough string in there to keep it in place. Other than that you should stretch all your strings properly.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
I tune with the string unlocked, lock them down, then fine tune and I strech my string for at least 10-15 minutes while tuning. It is a tedious process but worth it. I didn't have this problem before. It just seems to be as of late.
Quote by Lavatain
Sounds like you have't tightened the string into the bridge saddle enough. Or that there isn't enough string in there to keep it in place. Other than that you should stretch all your strings properly.

this
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
Thanks for the input! I wil try this tomorrow when I am not busy wtih school work. I hope it works. Love the guitar and Dont want to get rid of it for this small problem.
Even if that doesn't work you don't need to bin the whole guitar!! You can just replace the dodgy saddle.
You might need to replace the insert in the saddle that locks the string. Sometimes they wear a groove into them and don't want to hold the string correctly anymore. They are cheap to replace.
I was looking at saddles. I dont want the graphtech saddles. I hear they aren't exactly a direct fit. The problem I am running into when trying to find saddles is that my hardware is black chrome and no stores carry that finish.
Last edited by bass94 at May 8, 2013,