I'm a beginner guitarist and I was wondering what would be a useful scale to learn after the minor pentatonic scale. Also as a side note I might have posted this in the wrong forum. Any help would be useful! Thanks!
your better off learning the major scale first. analyze it, learn it all over the fret board in every position. then learn how other scales are altered from it. for example how the Em pentatonic is built off of the GMajor scale. how it relates.

there is no use in learning a bunch of scales if you dont understand the fundamentals of them.
Every scale is a slight variation of the major or minor scales. Learn the major and minor scales and how to vary them and congrats you know every scale and you have "won" the guitar. Platinum trophy awarded, move onto next instrument.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Yes, learn the major and minor scales and how to build them. Learn about scale degrees.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Quote by Timeos
I'm a beginner guitarist and I was wondering what would be a useful scale to learn after the minor pentatonic scale. Also as a side note I might have posted this in the wrong forum. Any help would be useful! Thanks!

Major scale and all it's modes will definitely boost your fun and knowledge.

Do you understand the relative major and minor positions for the minor pentatonic? If you don't, that's also good and fun becuz you will expand on a scale you already know!
Quote by Timeos

Do you know why the minor pentatonic scale works during your jam sessions?

If you don't, the major scale won't be much use to you, cuz it's not as "user friendly".

But just to let you know, the major scale is THE most important scale in your music studies.
The only scales that you "need" to know are the major and minor scales (along with their pentatonic counterparts). Every other scale is derived from those two, so don't waste your time.
Skip the username, call me Billy