Alright, this is kind of a "double feature" NGD thread. The Reverend wasn't the original guitar I was after, but this one popped up, and the deal was way better for this one than the Flatroc I had intended to get (and my wife forgave me for not buying and orange guitar). The Jaguar is a replacement for another Jaguar I had ordered, where the guitar was covered in mysterious film/dust and had extra screws rattling around in the trem. This one has issues too, but more on that later.

Reverend Warhawk II HB -
This guitar is a winner. I'm not normally a fan of set-neck guitars, couldn't say why, I just feel a little more at home with bolt-on, but this one is one of the exceptions. I'm a big fan of blocked and bound necks, so that was a great selling point for me on it. The nut has been upgraded from the cheesy plastic to a bone nut, but the rest is stock. The neck actually feels a bit closer to my MIJ Jaguar than anything else I could compare it to, which is nice. The pickups are Reverend humbuckers and sound awesome through my Orange and Jet City heads - not so much through my Vox, but I typically like a single coil sound on that amp. The bass contour is kind of cool, giving the tone a bit of a single coil sound when rolled back, but really chunky full-on. Locking tuners are solid, and the body is Korina wood, so it's quite light.

Fender Jaguar Classic Player -
The jury is out on this one. I originally had it in sunburst, but the distributor I got it from apparently didn't see all the nasty film or hear the screws rattling around inside the trem (seriously, just extra screws that must have been dropped in there at the factory). That one wasn't going to work, and all they had left was the Candy Apple Red, so here we are. This one has an issue with the trem - the locking mechanism is faulty, so it's going into a tech since the guitar is new and covered under warranty. Aside from that, I dig it. I like the Jaguar controls and the short scale, and since this is my second Jag, I knew I wouldn't have any issues adjusting to any of those features. The pickups are pretty hot for single coils, and are actually useful in all combinations (I normally have favorite combos, I'm sure we all do). I spend a lot of time in the neck position for cleans, as they're rich sounding, and mostly in the bridge when over-driven (the bridge is a bit brittle sounding unless you roll the tone down about 25%). Anyway, cool guitar, I hope the trem doesn't become a continuing issue once it's sorted out. I took pictures of all of my offsets to display this one. Forgive the quality, as they were taken on my phone. Enjoy!

OffsetOffset
Whats the white one? Sorry...

HNGD!!
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Last edited by AWACS at May 8, 2013,
Your wife is a SAINT!

I know you'd have enjoyed the Flatroc, but I remember that that Warhawk was a steal. I didn't envy you in your decision.

...and it looks SOOOOOO at home!

And HNGD!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at May 8, 2013,
Thanks guys! Yeah, she is definitely tolerant of my hobby/addiction. I will be getting a Flatroc though - that much I'm sure of! The Warhawk is cool though, and definitely fits right in.

The white one is a Jazzmaster. I've been working on it for a while (swapping pieces and parts, refinishing, etc.) and am giving it to my dad as a gift, since he's nearing retirement age and getting back into playing.
OffsetOffset
what'd you put in the neck of the HH?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Acϵ♠
what'd you put in the neck of the HH?

It's a GFS Dream 90. I switched out the bridge as well, just wanting to beef it up a bit. The combination is awesome (Fat Pat in the bridge), and now all combos work very well, whereas before I found them a bit weak.
OffsetOffset
Quote by SteveHOC
The white one is a Jazzmaster. I've been working on it for a while (swapping pieces and parts, refinishing, etc.) and am giving it to my dad as a gift, since he's nearing retirement age and getting back into playing.

Very nice- thoughtful and personalized.

Hopefully, he won't tell you he's joining a blackened death-metal band as he's unwrapping it...
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Very nice- thoughtful and personalized.

Hopefully, he won't tell you he's joining a blackened death-metal band as he's unwrapping it...

Haha! That would be the best, seeing him walk around in eyeliner and fishnet hand stockings. He's always been more of an acoustic player, but I'm giving him the Jazzmaster and my Vox, in hopes that he and I can someday jam around together over some jangly tones. I fixed up his Les Paul, and with the Jazzmaster and his hollow body, he should be covered for versatility
OffsetOffset
Quote by The Dimery
That Reverend is gorgeous, im saving for the Reverend Charger 290 n Deep Sea Blue

Hell yeah, man! The deep sea blue is awesome! Plus, P90s and that maple neck, a lovely combination.
OffsetOffset
steve that's awesome.

the reverends are really growing on me, may have to find a way to try a few.

seeing as korina is the best wood ever.
Good choice Dimery!

Hey...we may just have to start a Reverend owner's thread...

Quote by gregs1020
steve that's awesome.

the reverends are really growing on me, may have to find a way to try a few.

seeing as korina is the best wood ever.

Thanks, Greg! Yeah, they really grew on me too, and it wasn't long after seeing Danny's Flatroc and trying one out that the GAS hit me hard. Korina wood is definitely a bonus with these. I've only had on Korina guitar before, an Explorer, and I had forgotten how resonant the wood is acoustically.

I'd second the Reverend owner's thread! I think we'd start seeing more of these on the forum if there was enough exposure. Very quality guitars - thanks for showing them to me, Danny!
OffsetOffset
Congrats! Reverends are great guitars. I see you've found a body style that you like!
Good haul
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Well, this got necroed by a now-banned spammer, but...

How's your dad coming along with his playing?