Im considering buying one of these triple guitar hangers to keep my Dano 59, my ibanez artcore, and my 1940's gibson out of my kids reach. I was wondering if all guitar hangers work on all guitars or do i have to make sure they fit before i order, im especially worried about the 59 bc of the bottle shaped neck. Input would be appreciated thanks.

Here is the hanger Im considering

if it supports telecasters, I can't see how yours would be a problem.

Ask for the specs from the manufacturer and compare them with your guitar. Or just bring one of them to the store and see if it fits
im about an hour away from any guitar store or grocery store for that matter ha, but i think your right im just trying to make sure before i order online
Well, unless you're gonna be hanging a Steinberger on the wall I don't think there's gonna be a problem. They tend to be pretty universal.
REGGIE
Yeah just ask for the specs, although I would be tempted to by three seperate ones in case this falls out of the wall (highly unlikely but I still worry), if that happened you could potentially be left with three damaged guitars rather than just one!
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
works well, except if you have one of those uneven guitar head shapes, for exemple my fender jazz bass wont hold very well one of these. I have to give the hook a certain angle...

I use tool hooks for my guitars which are very similar to this.
Last edited by azutar at May 8, 2013,
You can always bend the tongs smaller or wider if needed.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
I would advise you not to get them on a plank and screw that in the wall. If the plank comes loose, you're pretty much f'ed. Happened to someone I know, free "relic" on all 5 of his guitars.
I decided to go with the slat wall and guitar hangers from diamondlifegear.com more sturdy and cooler looking
Quote by I K0nijn I
What's "the stud"?

It's part of the wall structure. Behind the the dry wall or plaster. Piece of wood running the height of the wall.

Every 12 or 16 inches. If you anchor your mount on there it will not come off... Earthquake or not they will not fall.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Quote by 667

Was going to suggest these myself, got a couple on my wall and they hold both my weird shaped Explorer and my 9.5lb Les Paul on the wall like champs, the single guitar compact design makes for a nice clean install on your wall to.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
It'll work since it's held by the headstock, but I would strongly suggest getting three separate ones so you can hang each on a stud instead one just putting one screw into the stud and the other two interviews bare drywall
To be honest, I recommend keeping them behind lock and key. Kids don't understand; he just wanted to make your guitar pretty. Sadly, the reality is that your Gibson now has crayon all over it.

Also, looks like a nice hanger. Make sure to hid some studs!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by azutar
works well, except if you have one of those uneven guitar head shapes, for exemple my fender jazz bass wont hold very well one of these. I have to give the hook a certain angle...

I use tool hooks for my guitars which are very similar to this.

Are you talking about these? :

I've thought about using these.
They are pretty heavy duty.

Anyone else have an opinion on these for guitar hangers?
Last edited by CodeMonk at May 11, 2013,