I'm doubting between the Epiphone Les Paul Tribute Plus or the ESP LTD H-351NT.

I play from blues to metal so they both suit me and I'm going to get them anyway. I just can't get them at the same time .

Is the neck difference huge between a Les Paul and ESP? I have an Ibanez GIO atm and I heard the neck is a bit bigger than the ESP. (I have fairly short and fat fingers)

The Les Paul in Midnight sapphire and LTD in Black Cherry definitely get my GAS going.
The Epiphone Tribute is a good guitar. It's a better quality guitar than that particular LTD.

The pickups the Epiphone has are generally good all-round pickups and they'll do metal just fine as long as your amp can actually do a good metal tone on it's own.

The difference between the neck profiles are notable. LTD Horizons have thinner necks than most Epiphones, but both guitars are C shaped (not 100% sure though). The Epiphone 60's Tributes have a Gibson 60's neck profile, while the 2010 Tributes have an asymmetrical neck profile that is thinner at the treble side of the neck than it is on the bass side, which some players love.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at May 8, 2013,
What if I would take the ESP LTD H-1001FM in place of the 351?

If I'm gonna get an LP that one would be it because I don't wan't to buy a low end Gibson.
There is nothing wrong with LP Studio's. You just have to try before you buy.

Why do you want a Horizon so much anyway? It's such a different guitar to an LP.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
There is nothing wrong with LP Studio's. You just have to try before you buy.

Why do you want a Horizon so much anyway? It's such a different guitar to an LP.

I really like the looks if it.
All reviews say it's awesome and it also has a thin U neck.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
The Epiphone Tribute is a good guitar. It's a better quality guitar than that particular LTD.

The pickups the Epiphone has are generally good all-round pickups.

I agree, the Epiphone Tribute "should" be better quality than the LTD 350... The LTD 1001 "should" be equal to the tribute. When I say "equal", I mean in reference to the quality of the build in respect to how each of them are constructed. But, they are two completely different guitars.

According to Specs, the Tribute has Gibson 57' classic pickups which sound great. If you plan on getting both guitars anyway, I would suggest not changing those pickups because the tone they produce for hard and classic rock is perfect. Then the LTD can give you all the metal sounds you want.

the LTD I have has the thin-U neck and I find it to be a good balance between comfort and speed. Thin necks are just too thin and uncomfortable.
Last edited by RedJamaX at May 10, 2013,