Is there anything to keep the Floyd Rose from being pushed back, into the body (making the strings go sharp)? I want to still do dive bombs, but want to be able to rest my hand heavily on the tremolo while palm muting without making the strings go sharp.

Does anyone know of any device?
"teh most gains"
Last edited by mountain2012 at May 8, 2013,
Seems like you would have to have your palm pretty far back on the trem to make the notes sharp. When I am palm muting my palm is right across the saddles and if anything pushing too hard might make the notes flat.
Quote by mountain2012
Is there anything to keep the Floyd Rose from being pushed back, into the body (making the strings go sharp)? I want to still do dive bombs, but want to be able to rest my hand heavily on the tremolo while palm muting without making the strings go sharp.

Does anyone know of any device?

You need to look at the tremolo stopper from www.FU-TONE.com it is $20 and is super easy to install
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Maybe you could put more springs in the back of the body of the guitar to encrease tension of floyd.
Last edited by JackovSlayer at May 8, 2013,
Quote by JackovSlayer
Maybe you could put more springs in the back of the body of the guitar to encrease tension of floyd.

That wont help TS. His FR is floating so extra springs would not help at all, you need to keep the FR flat.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
First off, have you set up your FR properly?

Second off, how hard are you pressing?

Edit:
People need to stop suggesting TS add extra parts like Tremol-No or a Trem Blocker to his FR -- until we figure out if TS set up his FR correctly. If he set it up incorrectly, then all those extras won't help him.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at May 8, 2013,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
First off, have you set up your FR properly?

Second off, how hard are you pressing?

Edit:
People need to stop suggesting TS add extra parts like Tremol-No or a Trem Blocker to his FR -- until we figure out if TS set up his FR correctly. If he set it up incorrectly, then all those extras won't help him.

He already stated it is because he has a heavy hand, that would lead to the suggestions he has gotten
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
That wont help TS. His FR is floating so extra springs would not help at all, you need to keep the FR flat.

I know what is floyd rose, I have it on my guitar. I just thought it could make floyd harder to press down.
Quote by JackovSlayer
I know what is floyd rose, I have it on my guitar. I just thought it could make floyd harder to press down.

Adding springs will add more tension which will pull the bridge down even more and harder to do dive's
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by JackovSlayer

Actually, it would make it easier, because the springs would be pulling down more. You could remove a few springs, but that would not fix the problem either. It would most likely just end up with the guitar go flat whenever TS didn't palm mute.

Quote by Robbgnarly
He already stated it is because he has a heavy hand, that would lead to the suggestions he has gotten

To be fair, a heavy hand can be fixed by working on placing less pressure on his guitar bridge. Guitar isn't an instrument that's meant to be manhandled.
Quote by Robbgnarly
Adding springs will add more tension which will pull the bridge down even more and harder to do dive's

I know that too. But he could still get floyd in normal position with loosening the screws that go into the body on the back of the guitar which are there to keep the springs in tension. I know that that way springs would become looser, but maybe floyd would be more stabile with more springs.
Last edited by JackovSlayer at May 8, 2013,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
To be fair, a heavy hand can be fixed by working on placing less pressure on his guitar bridge. Guitar isn't an instrument that's meant to be manhandled.

But some people have a different technique, and he already stated he doen not need to pull up the FR only dive. A trem-stoper/tremol-no will help TS with what he wants to accomplish. Nothing wrong with that at all
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
But some people have a different technique, and he already stated he doen not need to pull up the FR only dive. A trem-stoper/tremol-no will help TS with what he wants to accomplish. Nothing wrong with that at all

Different technique is fine, but if that technique causes the guitar to go out of tune, it's either a problem with how the guitar is set up or a problem with how the player is playing.

Edit:
Or the guitar is broken, which is a larger issue. But I can't conclude TS's guitar is broken with the info he or she supplied.
Well a tremol-no would solve the problem yeah, but.... I have to say I think it would be better to address the technique rather than working around it. Palm muting doesn't need to be so heavy!
Goolgle "blocking a Floyd" and behold the huge amount of suggestions people have made across many forums and on youtube. A tremel-no is just one way of many, and also one of the more expensive methods.
Quote by W4RP1G
Goolgle "blocking a Floyd" and behold the huge amount of suggestions people have made across many forums and on youtube. A tremel-no is just one way of many, and also one of the more expensive methods.

One of the more expensive methods yes, but also one of (if not the) best.
Cornford Hellcat
Peavey 5150
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V