Is there such a thing as an apprenticeship to a luthier, I want to learn how to repair guitars and generally just learn about the technical aspects of a guitar ?
What's a luthier. Is that some new hip term for Martin Luther King?
What does Martin Luther King have to do with fixing guitars? He's dead, you know.

But seriously, I don't know. Though I'm sure you can get all that information from the internet anyways if you dig around for it enough.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Joshua Garcia
What does Martin Luther King have to do with fixing guitars? He's dead, you know.

But seriously, I don't know. Though I'm sure you can get all that information from the internet anyways if you dig around for it enough.

No, it's a street name for a Lutheran church.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
There's tons of schools. Just look for them in your area.
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
Quote by Joshua Garcia

Actually, the term derived from people who repaired lutes in medieval-times. Our modern-guitars are all based off of this basic design, and those who repair them are still given the same title.

/guitar-nerdiness
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
man, I'm so sad I made this thread now after seeing those shake shack burgers. I would buy an extra just to fuck it while I eat its siblings. then i'd eat that one too.

I am so sorry for my mother's "escapades"...
That's pretty much the only way.

Quote by sideslick
Actually, the term derived from people who repaired lutes in medieval-times. Our modern-guitars are all based off of this basic design, and those who repair them are still given the same title.

/I'mapedanticpieceofshit

FTFY
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Last edited by ryan_nadon at May 8, 2013,
wrong forum, broseph
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
If I remember correctly, TS is stupid, so he would probably just break all the guitars.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
There are plenty of schools out there, and some small luthiers offer guitar building courses where they walk you through how to build your own guitar.

Another good way to learn without actually going to school for it would be the old-fashioned way. Read a lot of books on woodworking and guitar building, and then start working for a local (competent) tech that can show you the basics of how everything works until you can figure it out on your own time.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
googled guitar building school. first page and I found schools in michigan, chicago, california, leeds and a couple more.
TS is a knob too lazy to google it himself.
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!