I'm thinkin' about wiring a Mooer Pitch Box inside my Les Paul. What i don't know, is what would cost a hole under the pickguard place to the tone. And what's the best way to do it. To make it work.
Literally just have a whole big enough to fit it, then wire it right before the jack. Drill some holes in your pickguard for the knobs. A full size pedal probably won't fit in most guitars though, maybe one of them lovepedal mini things.
How are you going to power it? IIRC, Mooer pedals can't use a 9 volt.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by JoeyCosta
I'm thinkin' about wiring a Mooer Pitch Box inside my Les Paul.

that is too funny if that is a real Les Paul. you're gonna mutilate a couple thousand dollar guitar to put a ~50 buck box in there?

if i wanted a pedal in my guitar i'd probably get a body from warmoth to do it with. this would allow me to consider how i would fit it in the guitar and they could at the very least give you the battery route you'd need. some of their guitars have pretty big control cavity cuts too, so you may be able to put a pedal in there.

Quote by JoeyCosta
What i don't know, is what would cost a hole under the pickguard place to the tone.

if you are asking if this would effect tone, i doubt you or most other guitarist would be able to tell but i am willing to bet most guitarists will talk of all types of tone loss (that they wouldn't be able to identify in a double blind anyway).

Quote by JoeyCosta
And what's the best way to do it. To make it work.

buy the pedal. pull it out the box, figure how you want to it to bypass/engage it, unwire the jacks and wire it into the signal path of the guitar and test it. once it works then measure the components and make a route big enough to fit it all in there and hook it up.

i think this is probably a bigger project than you anticipate.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Here's an idea. Put it in a pedal enclosure.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
If you're looking to be able to do pitchshift while playing guitar. Why not buy a Digitech whammy or expression pedal?
Quote by souperman08
How are you going to power it? IIRC, Mooer pedals can't use a 9 volt.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Cathbard
Here's an idea. Put it in a pedal enclosure.

how would one do that?
mojostompboxes.com
This isn't a great idea. Frankly, it's dumb.

I doubt this is a Gibson. If it is, get some help.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Quote by Mephaphil
This isn't a great idea. Frankly, it's dumb.

Matt Bellamy seems to disagree with you.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
Matt Bellamy seems to disagree with you.

His was built in to start with from a crazy master builder (manson), however.
What I'd like to know is, "in what way is this better than having it in a pedal? Aren't your hands busy enough?"
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by gumbilicious
that is too funny if that is a real Les Paul. you're gonna mutilate a couple thousand dollar guitar to put a ~50 buck box in there?

It's an Epiphone. I was not seeing as a mutilation, but this guitar will always be mine, anyway. I was already thinking of putting a pickguard in the shape of a Rickenbacker, for aesthetic reasons. After seeing some demonstrations of dynamics (from whom?) Matt Ballamy, considered doing something like that, in that space i can create under that pickguard. As an experiment...

...About using a Whammy with my feet ... No way. I'm paraplegic. That's the "crazy" reason why i can't use a Digitech-ass Whammy.
Oh, ok. That's a good explanation why a pedal is not a good option.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
ah right, yeah that's absolutely fair enough. Sorry if I came across curt

As souperman08 correctly pointed out, the mooers can only use power supplies (not batteries), which'll make it awkward. I imagine if you have someone who knows enough to fit it inside your guitar that they'll also know enough to jimmy a battery clip into the circuit somehow, but it is worth bearing in mind.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?