Hello
this is an Egyptian rock song and I really like how the guitar sounds ...I was wondering if u can help to know it

Here's the video
watch?v=2CwXjN4DoWs

skip to 03:00 in the video

peace!
Last edited by BrownCrown8 at May 8, 2013,
You can't link on a new account.

What is the name of the band and song?

Oh I see now. It looks like a Les Paul. Start by checking out Epiphone.
Last edited by W4RP1G at May 8, 2013,
Quote by W4RP1G

Sorry ...I've fixed it ....check the link again
Quote by W4RP1G

Oh I see now. It looks like a Les Paul. Start by checking out Epiphone.

But which Les Paul is it??
No idea, I don't know much about them. Looks like a tobacco burst finish though.
Quote by W4RP1G
No idea, I don't know much about them. Looks like a tobacco burst finish though.

Thanks anyway ....I've been in Epiphone website and I can't really recognize which one this was

Its a Gibson Les Paul Custom.

I dont think you will be able to afford one dependant on your budget.

How much do you have to spend?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0

Its a Gibson Les Paul Custom.

I dont think you will be able to afford one dependant on your budget.

How much do you have to spend?

Thanks

But What the hell ....how could he even afford that guitar .....i've only like 1/6 of that guitar's price

damn it ...and I thought that this guy isn't rich

I feel like I'm so stupid damn it!

Isn't that frustrating ?? I'm only seventeen and working a full time job in the summer in a glass factory to get my first guitar!!

I get like 100 dollars per month from that job ....

I feel like quitting the whole thing ....but I can't see myself without a guitar ....I think I'll end up getting a 600 $ guitar and a 150 $ amp after months of working hard

but thank you man .
We all gotta start somewhere, man. A nice rig takes time. Hell, I've been at it for over a decade and I'm still not satisfied. You might have not even liked that guitar, since evidently you've never played one. Oh, and spend more on the amp, you'll be happier with your tone.
OffsetOffset
Quote by SteveHOC
You might have not even liked that guitar, since evidently you've never played one

You mean that guitar in the video ?? .......If that's what u mean, I really liked it but i just didn't like that classic look

Or do u mean I just might have not liked guitars in general??

.....When I said frustrating I said that coz that band is just known after the revolution that's just 2 years and I thought the guy has like a 1000$ or even less guitar
And I mean I'm just too late

Coz Slash started when he was 14 and here I'm going to be 18 or maybe 19 if something goes wrong with financial issues with my family.

But anyway I'm going to keep working to get a Les Paul Traditional Pro to spend a little more on the amp

Do u like the guitar choise or do u suggest another one?
Quote by BrownCrown8
You mean that guitar in the video ?? .......If that's what u mean, I really liked it but i just didn't like that classic look

Or do u mean I just might have not liked guitars in general??

I think he's saying that you might not even like that guitar in the video.

Dude, just get something that works and sounds good and focus on playing. When I was 18, I'd only been playing for a few years and I didn't really care what I was playing, as long as it did the job. My situation wasn't much different than yours, except back then there wasn't a ton of extremely helpful online lessons to turn to, and modelling amps that could sound like a tube amp for under $200. You don't need expensive gear to sound good and have a great time, there's no need to dwell on what you can't afford or what other people can afford.
Quote by W4RP1G

Dude, just get something that works and sounds good and focus on playing. When I was 18, I'd only been playing for a few years and I didn't really care what I was playing, as long as it did the job. My situation wasn't much different than yours, except back then there wasn't a ton of extremely helpful online lessons to turn to, and modelling amps that could sound like a tube amp for under $200. You don't need expensive gear to sound good and have a great time, there's no need to dwell on what you can't afford or what other people can afford.

You're completely right!

But the point is ...I'm going to college next year so if I buy a guitar that i don't really like ...or a guitar that is cheap, I'd end up using it for the next 6 years (Coz i can't work in my college period)

so if i get a cheap 200-300 $ guitar and a 100 $ now or something I'd get a newer one when I'm 23 ....But I guess you're right ....I'm not going to put so much hopes on an expensive guitar ...That really encourages ....thanks!
Last edited by BrownCrown8 at May 9, 2013,
i am not sure if this was covered clearly, but Gibson has a shitload of Les Pauls, you can get the faded studios for $450+/- used. then there are the full trim studios, a few hundred more, than the traditional, and the traditonal plus, etc.

there are a lot of nice guitars between an Epiphone LP and a Gibson Les Paul Custom.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Pig got it - you like the way it looks, but you may have liked the way it plays.
The key is trying out different guitars to find one that feels good in your hands, despite the looks, who plays it, and the brand. This is especially true if you're any kind of beginner.
Best of luck in your search - there are tons of guitars out there. Enjoy the search.
OffsetOffset
Quote by W4RP1G

+1

It sounds like it would take you a while to save up a significant amount of money, and there are lots of lesser expensive options that are still great to get you started.

The least expensive Gibson Les Paul I have seen is the LPJ and it's still $600-$700. Get something you can afford for now that you can learn on and upgrade later. DO NOT get the starter kits... I agree with P1G... look for a modelling amp... maybe a 30Watt version with a 10" or 12" speaker. And find a decent guitar for $200 or less... ESP LTD, and Epiphone have some decent quality guitars in the range that will get you on your way... And check your local craigslist, if you know somebody who plays, take them with you to check out the guitar and/or amp before you get it.

Good Luck.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
you can get the faded studios for $450+/- used.

Where???

I see people post prices like this all the time... you must not line near NC because the LOWEST price I've ever seen for a studio is $800... used, being sold by the owner on craigslist....