hey guys i need some help in figuring out whats going on with my amp. i bought it recently from a pawn shop and i am determined in resurrecting it to full function. please, if you can shoot me a reply or email me @ hiand006@gmail.com that would be awesome.

here is a video of my problem:
[forbidden link]

Why don't you just state what the problem is? No point in making people chase after you to help you out
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
badass there you go. @souperman08 well the problem isnt identifiable to me. i cant figure this out. got any advice, btw the video is up now
Quote by brootal666
badass there you go. @souperman08 well the problem isnt identifiable to me. i cant figure this out. got any advice, btw the video is up now

"Everything lights up, buttons and knobs all work but one screen has black blocks on it, and the other is blank. I think it might be a software problem?"

See? Was that so hard? By the time you filmed a youtube video you could have just asked a question using good old fashioned words, maybe with a picture at the most.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
no it wasnt you are correct sir. well i figured since my phone can record the video and post like a bau5 i thought it would help showing the actual problem in real time, the best visual aid possible is through a video imo.
Quote by brootal666
no it wasnt you are correct sir. well i figured since my phone can record the video and post like a bau5 i thought it would help showing the actual problem in real time, the best visual aid possible is through a video imo.

The video is from a cameraphone, which makes it harder to pick up what is (or isn't) on the screens. We could also use more info. Do all the sounds work? Have you done a factory reset? Have you contacted Line 6?
well are you sure you cant pay attention to the video a little bit better, my phone records hor than good enough to see whats going on. but you are correct allow me to type out my problem...

when ever i power on the screens automatically show up to this:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-9GDp2XzWV0k/UYsyeZ5LhaI/AAAAAAAAAFQ/Oern8t0nCtQ/w753-h565-no/IMG_20130509_002029.jpg

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/101611026731008784260/albums/profile/5875845714517594386?hl=en

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/101611026731008784260/albums/profile/5875846463795340498

nothing else seems to be going on.. any advice would be much appreciated

nothing is moveable and none of the buttons work. this is all that happens when i turn it on..

how do i factory reset?

i will be contacting line 6 in the mornign to figure my problem out. please and help would be appreciated.
Quote by brootal666
well are you sure you cant pay attention to the video a little bit better, my phone records hor than good enough to see whats going on. but you are correct allow me to type out my problem...

how do i factory reset?

i will be contacting line 6 in the mornign to figure my problem out. please and help would be appreciated.

your video is too dark, you set the phone down too many times and it is shaky. and its from a cell phone. not exactly usable. you could have said. "screens are not working no knobs or buttons work" and a picture. that would be it.

i would just call line 6 unless you can find a reset button on there. which is basically what you said.

i am pretty sure it is a software issue, which you also stated in the video that could have been typed up.

the easier the thread is to follow the more people will help.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
your video is too dark, you set the phone down too many times and it is shaky. and its from a cell phone. not exactly usable. you could have said. "screens are not working no knobs or buttons work" and a picture. that would be it.

i would just call line 6 unless you can find a reset button on there. which is basically what you said.

i am pretty sure it is a software issue, which you also stated in the video that could have been typed up.

the easier the thread is to follow the more people will help.

i apologize if i have made things overly complicated. i appreciate the help from souperman08 and thrashedlostfdup.. thank you for your advice on my threading skills.. i dont usually go around forums and i thank you guys for understanding my dilema.
Quote by brootal666
i apologize if i have made things overly complicated. i appreciate the help from souperman08 and thrashedlostfdup.. thank you for your advice on my threading skills.. i dont usually go around forums and i thank you guys for understanding my dilema.

no need for an apology, i remember how its like either being new to a forum of the same thing or something totally different. i started on a lot of car forums before joining a guitar forum, and its different. even different guitar forums are different.

but generally simple is the best way to go. if somebody needs to know something they will ask. but when they get too difficult sometimes people don't want to read all the way down or click on a video or even an audio file.

good luck. i would love to be able to help you with this, but i keep computers as far away from my guitar as possible. thats just me though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
What do you do when a computer fails like that? Reformat the hard drive, of course!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Something similar happened to my Spider Valve. You can not an will not be able to fix it your self.

Line 6 does not sell parts or schematics to any one who is not a licensed L6 repair center.

My SV screen went to ********** across it and it was the DSP section of the amp that went bad.

I don't know how L6 will react now, but my friend bought a Vetta that did something similar. It was not under warranty at all, and they fixed it for free for him. All he had to do was pay shipping to L6.

Call the L6 tech number 818-575-3600 and talk to someone to find out your options
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Yes, Line 6 will fix any such problems for you, sometimes shipping included.

However, to avoid the hassle I would recommend you do a system reset. This isn't the first time I've seen a Vetta with a blank screen and last time I came across it the problem was someone had tried to change things while the system was still saving a preset, it got a corrupt file and then couldn't load its tone bank properly.

The following page lists how to reset all legacy Line 6 amps:

http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-4499
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Thank you for all the replies everyone. It rooms it took 2 hours.. but after a system reset I managed to bring this beast back from the ashes.. I'll post my procedures asap. For archive purposes I officially claim my problem solved.
Quote by shawnlydon
I'm having the same issue, WHAT WAS YOUR PROCESS!!!

You will have to send it to L6 or an authorized L6 repair shop
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by shawnlydon
I'm having the same issue, WHAT WAS YOUR PROCESS!!!

He did a system reset as per post #19 above
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
The Line 6 people are great if you contact them.

I had an issue with the new JTV-89F, mentioned it to Tony Rease. Since I'm within driving distance of Line6 in Calabasas and had some other business in the area, I drove the guitar out there. I'm used to meeting people in the main building (they have a small showroom there), but when I walked in, NO one was there. About five minutes later, a receptionist showed up, and I joked that I'd already loaded all the goods into the getaway car. She smiled and said, "No, you didn't. See those cameras?" Oops.

Anyway, fixit is in another building about half a block away (three 6's in the address; they love "6" I guess). A guy named Patev Sarkassian fixed the issue in about five minutes (he had the proper tool) and then spent a few more minutes looking over the guitar's setup, tweaked a few things, played it for a bit, and then handed it back, perfect. Along the way, got a few new stories for the archives ("really? He does that? I had no idea..."). Surprising the people who are using Variax who have a reputation (or endorsement contracts) for using other guitars...
Quote by dspellman
The Line 6 people are great if you contact them.

I had an issue with the new JTV-89F, mentioned it to Tony Rease. Since I'm within driving distance of Line6 in Calabasas and had some other business in the area, I drove the guitar out there. I'm used to meeting people in the main building (they have a small showroom there), but when I walked in, NO one was there. About five minutes later, a receptionist showed up, and I joked that I'd already loaded all the goods into the getaway car. She smiled and said, "No, you didn't. See those cameras?" Oops.

Anyway, fixit is in another building about half a block away (three 6's in the address; they love "6" I guess). A guy named Patev Sarkassian fixed the issue in about five minutes (he had the proper tool) and then spent a few more minutes looking over the guitar's setup, tweaked a few things, played it for a bit, and then handed it back, perfect. Along the way, got a few new stories for the archives ("really? He does that? I had no idea..."). Surprising the people who are using Variax who have a reputation (or endorsement contracts) for using other guitars...

Other than using some of their gear, do you have any business affiliation with L6?

I ask only because I like some of their stuff as well, but you...seem a bit more...ummm..."focused" on it?
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Other than using some of their gear, do you have any business affiliation with L6?

I ask only because I like some of their stuff as well, but you...seem a bit more...ummm..."focused" on it?

Nope <G>. No...uh...affiliations. I would disclose if there were.
I do have four guitars; an old 500, a 700 Acoustic, two JTV-89Fs (and I'm on the lookout for one of their 705 basses). And I've got a stack of various and sundry Pods and associated pieces. I've been through the main building regularly (had a friend who worked there, who left just as I was going to get an artist discount!). And every now and then I get a peak at the future <G>.
Quote by dspellman
Nope <G>. No...uh...affiliations. I would disclose if there were.
I do have four guitars; an old 500, a 700 Acoustic, two JTV-89Fs (and I'm on the lookout for one of their 705 basses). And I've got a stack of various and sundry Pods and associated pieces. I've been through the main building regularly (had a friend who worked there, who left just as I was going to get an artist discount!). And every now and then I get a peak at the future <G>.

Ok, cool.

I've been seriously considering a JTV for quite a while now, any suggestions as to the best price/performance model?

What else should I get to optimize it? HD500?

Assume I want to dabble in the L6/JTV/HD etc. pool, say to the tune of $1000, and have no objection at all to used gear, what would you suggest?
Charles Darwin