Hey, i recently started to have a problem with my fake "left-company" stratocaster, when switching to bridge pickup mode, the guitar is 100% deaf like its set on OFF option, while others are working just fine and also on all the other modes, that bridge pickup is working very quiet, (i checked it by screwing the guard off)
what can cause it?
it worked a bit rusty in the past and i had another issue with it, but it was the switch connection so i fixed it without any problems, i checked and its not the same this time.
also i noticed that when VOL potentiometer is getting rotated to zero, there IS a phone sound, and its getting louder (steal deaf pickup)
+
touching the switch points of the bridge pickup (bridge connection to swtich+switch empty out [like tone potentiometers for other pickups but there isn't for bridge one]+out to VOL potentiometer) with my fingers is causing the same effect as touching the 1/4 inch guitar cable itself, WHILE doing the same on other modes causing veeeery quiet sound (hardly can hear it by tapping)

all the wires are are plugged and i really can't get what is the reason for that crap
cheers for reading and thank you in advance, good mister

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i do understand electronics language, and im learning it, so feel free to speak chinese
and don't blame me please, but i do NOT have a multimeter
Pickups rarely just go bad, if you have a volume knob for that specific pickup I would start there. You can try to bypass it and see if that works. It could also be the switch, even if everything is connected sometimes dust or corrosion can cause the switch to not work properly.
Quote by J_W
Pickups rarely just go bad, if you have a volume knob for that specific pickup I would start there. You can try to bypass it and see if that works. It could also be the switch, even if everything is connected sometimes dust or corrosion can cause the switch to not work properly.

Thats not the case, the wiring is similar to the original stratocaster and there is only one knob, also the switch is not corrosioned, as the current from my fingers pass all the way trough it, from every point.

oh and as i mentioned before, the pickup is living as well, the problem is in the wiring
Last edited by Komiisarkomrd at May 9, 2013,