Page 19 of 19
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
3,265 IQ

It isn't the visuals that got me so much as the P90 in the bridge. The first Fret-King I wanted to buy was made that way- in metallic orange!- but the store sold out while my order processed. Thy didn't even have the ice white version of it. So I got a surf green HSS version instead (I really wanted a Stratclone at the time).

Its a great axe, too.

But I so rarely see the FK version of that P90 guitar, and when I do, it is ALWAYS the white one. While the tobacco burst version of the Modulo is the most common, there are metallic purple, Ruby red and sapphire blue versions out there, too...

That way, not only are they different electronically, they are also immediately identifiable as visual departures from the norm.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
SteveHOC
Used Register
1,051 IQ
Danny, I see that you picked up a Roundhouse - how are you liking the neck? I've got the Roundhouse RT (silver sparkle), and the neck is pretty close to my old LP DC Special (wide and flat), so it takes some adjusting when I haven't played it for a while. I was up to four Rev's at one point, but have since trimmed down to two (the other is a Charger 290 that I won't ever part with). I think you and I are the only two Roundhouse owners around here, so I was curious if they had changed up the neck profile between build periods.
OffsetOffset
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
3,265 IQ
Mine seems pretty similar to the other Revs I have, but when it comes to necks, I'm not the pickiest player out there. I don't usually have issues going from one guitar to another beyond dealing with scale length changes, and that's small taters.

BTW, if that Silver Sparkle ever needs to find a new home...
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

alhaq369
SteveHOC
Used Register
1,051 IQ
I'll definitely keep you in mind if I ever part with it! I've considered it, as I'm really more of a bolt on guy, but it's nice to have a couple set-neck guitars in the arsenal for variation.
OffsetOffset
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
3,265 IQ
Oh, sonofaBITCH! I'm having CC issues: despite having the proper address (after I was forced to chance it), I haven't gotten my last 2 statements, resulting in my account getting frozen a couple of times for nonpayment. So, understandably, I'm very reluctant to pull the trigger on anything right now.

I'm going to keep my eye on it while I get my issue straightened out.

Which will happen one day after that axe sells, of course.

alhaq369
SteveHOC
Used Register
1,051 IQ
I hate when that happens, I've had similar issues with my accounts. That said, I hope you can get it straightened out! That's a pretty solid deal on one of those for sure.
OffsetOffset
bobafettacheese
1,387 IQ
OOOhhh that looks very tempting. Great price too. I just bought a Manta Ray and am currently waiting on the brent hinds V, but that is hard to resist.
Gibson-DC standard, PRS S2 Mira, Ibanez RG570, Schecter Banshee 7, MIA strat, Reverend Manta Ray 290
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL100, Peavey 5150, Mesa Rectoverb
Mesa 4x12,2-2x12's
Misc. Pedals
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
3,265 IQ

alhaq369
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
3,265 IQ

alhaq369
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
3,265 IQ
Damn.
It.
To.
Hell.

They've made a Wildwood-exclusive sexy LE version of the Sensei: I don't know how many they have sold, but Reverend limited editions usually have short production runs.
http://www.wildwoodguitars.com/products/24340_.php?CategoryID=200&n=20
http://www.wildwoodguitars.com/products/24334.php?CategoryID=200&n=19
http://www.wildwoodguitars.com/products/24335.php?CategoryID=200&n=18
http://www.wildwoodguitars.com/products/24337.php?CategoryID=200&n=17

alhaq369
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
3,265 IQ
A nice Rev for sale at a good price by someone who doesn't really know what they're selling:

https://reverb.com/item/2370877-reverend-kingbolt-triple-2015-violin-burst

They say its a 3HB guitar, but it isn't- the photo shows it has a RailHammer HB in the bridge and 2 RailHammer HB-sized P90s in the middle & neck. AFAIK, this one is unique. I've never even seen a Kingbolt with 3HBs before, much less something like this one.

alhaq369
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
3,265 IQ
Reverend has announced new colors for certain models, the return of some discontinued models, and the release of a new signature model with eye-popping graphics:
http://www.reverendguitars.com/instrument/jenn-wasner-signature/

alhaq369
K33nbl4d3
ayy shakira shakira
3,354 IQ
Quote by dannyalcatraz
eye-popping graphics
These words made me hesitant in clicking that link ("graphics" on guitars so often means naked sexy dragon ladies on BC Riches or something, which admittedly I wouldn't expect from Reverend but even so...) but I dig that. Give some guy a seizure and at very least maybe he won't remember how poor my playing was.
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
3,265 IQ

I want to see if the specs on it are significantly different from a regular Charger before I decide to put it on my G.A.S. list.

alhaq369
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jun 21, 2016,