I just bought a new Taylor all solid wood guitar and I realized I really should be keeping it humidified. I see lots of humidifiers that require you to put the guitar in it's case after using it every time. That would drive me crazy. Is it possible to just buy a room humidifier to keep my guitar humidified? I live in Alaska, it is quite dry here. I do not think I need to worry about the humidity level ever getting too high, so I am wondering if there is any type of room humidifier that you can set to a certain %, like 47%, as recommended by the Taylor factory.

If there are any humidifier that do this and you know of one that works well, could you tell me the brand and model?

Would this work? I went into a local guitar store and they had some of there nicest guitars in a back room that was humidified, presumable like this. They did not case up the guitars every time you were finished playing them, they just had a little humidifier in the corner with dozens of guitars on the floor and walls.

Thanks so much for your help!
you need a hygrometer that is tested and works. then you leave it in the room you keep your guitar in and you'll always know. we actually have 6 of this one
http://www.amazon.com/Cheaphumidors-HYG-75G-Brass-Analog-Hygrometer/dp/B000H69QXE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1368154341&sr=8-1&keywords=brass+hygrometer
and the adjustment screw is on the back under the magnet.

there are many humidifiers with built-in humidistats. here's one we've used that worked okay
http://www.amazon.com/Lasko-1128-Evaporative-Recirculating-Humidifier/dp/B000VP7FWA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1368154060&sr=8-2&keywords=humidifier+with+humidistat

and we currently have a hunter carefree humidifier plus model #34357. we got it because l.a. guitar sales uses it in their store full of guitars, and it works great for them - and us.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Cool, so can you set it to dispense humidity to a certain %, or is it just a dial that you have to play around with to get to the right %? I'm looking to get my room to stay at a constant 47%, or close to it.
i never trust anything that measures humidity without testing it - when we've had humidifiers with humidistats, i test the air after they've been running for a day or two.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Awesome, thanks!
That Hunter humidifier you spoke, do you use it for a large room, or just a small closed off room? The reason I ask is because the description says it is designed for large rooms, but I will only be using it for a small closed off room. As long as it is not too much for a small room, it sounds great. :]
if the humidistat works, it wouldn't matter. a small room will humidify faster, and the humidistat will then turn the humidifier off when it reaches the desired humidity.
Quote by Skeet UK
btw, always use distilled water in the humidifier so it won't develop hard clogs that can cause "spitting".
Quote by Skeet UK
water??? it was supposed to be distilled water??? I'm so glad lem Daniels isn't around to see what I've been doing with 'ol no. 7. glad i didn't waste that bottle of Single Barrel Select.

Quote by stepchildusmc
water??? it was supposed to be distilled water??? I'm so glad lem Daniels isn't around to see what I've been doing with 'ol no. 7. glad i didn't waste that bottle of Single Barrel Select.
Quote by Skeet UK