I was just playing around on the fretboard and i found that i can make artificial harmonics with my left hand by sliding over the metal fret things just as i pick the string then i let go of the string at the same time, and the string stops vibrating and well yea, makes a harmonic, anyone know what this is called? :/

^ no you are right the lightly fretted harmonics are natural, unless the harp ones but heck i dont get far into the technical terms of them unless pinched etc...i usually just play them and call em harmonics lol.

pretty sure the harp harmonics are artificial
Last edited by WaltTheWerewolf at May 10, 2013,