Hi UG ! I've played classical guitar for three years now and i'm thinking of buying an electric one .My budget is around 400-450 $. Until now i've played on my friends guitars and i've made some opinions . I like to play anything from blues to deathcore (it depends on my mood ) ,but especially metal.
I was thinking about an Ibanez rgd 421 or 320 , Jackson DKXT and Esp LTD MH 100 QM.
I dont have a favourite body type, but i want 24 frets.
I really like the wizard III neck but i find the jackson neck very comfy too.
I would like to know your opinions.
I live in Romania . And are few guitars that can be shipped in my country , and the transport mostly costs around 150$ and i don't have such a big pocket .
If it's going to be your first electric guitar, I wouldn't suggest something such as Ibanez Prestige. You should get something cheaper, and than later if you see you need a better guitar you can buy something more expensive.
Ibanez RGD is a guitar with longer scale than usual and it's made for low tuning. If you like to tune your guitar lower than standard tuning it's ok for you to buy it, but if you play in standard tuning I would suggest you to look for something else.
Last edited by JackovSlayer at May 10, 2013,
I would just suggest you don't get a guitar with a Floyd Rose style locking trem, unless you really need/want one!
Cornford Hellcat
Peavey 5150
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V
Quote by Bigbazz
I would just suggest you don't get a guitar with a Floyd Rose style locking trem, unless you really need/want one!

I would second this.
Quote by Bigbazz

Yeah, it could be very complicated to you since it's your first electric guitar.
After you get your new guitar, invest in some trousers with bigger pockets. Bigger pockets mean you can fit more stuff in. Money, phone, keys, small animals etc.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

I think i'll get the Jackson DKXT that has a string-thru body or an Ibanez rgr321ex . Both have basswood bodies but i dont know whick one have better pickups . I've heard awful things about the EMG-HZ's and i've heard INF's are not really great .
For a good sound it would be better to get a good amp, those pickups are not something very special, but through a good amp they will sound good. However, shitty amp will always sound shitty.
ya know, i used to think buying something less expensive 'to see if you REALLY liked it' was the way to go. i have done this with motorcycles...bought a harley sportster then a wideglide and things of that nature. in my experience, it is best to get what you truly desire. get what you think sounds best 1st and what feels like something you want to be intimate with for hours on end, day after day.

just my 2 cents....

PS figuring out what you want can be alot of fun too!!!!
I've finally get an Ibanez RG350MZ and a Peavey vypyr 30(But i use Guitar Rig 5 when i'm home) . For me it's the best guitar in the budget . I've felt in love with the wizard III neck and the maple fretboard . My best friend has a Jackson PDX Demmelition King V and i borrowed it for a weekend. IMHO the wizard neck is more flatter and is better for shredding , the maple fretboard giving even a better feel. The Jackson neck is rounder at the edges and it doesn't feel as comfortable as the wizard for me , but the compound radius is awesome for bendings ! The Edge zero II is more comfy for my right hand and it stays very well in tune . The licensed floyd just can't stay in tune properly (maybe beaucuse i'm not a pro at floyds ), Overall both guitars sound amazing . The Ibanez has a more brighter sound for leads while the Jackson has a more darker sound for riffs and rhythm . I'm verry happy with my guitar and thanks a lot for the suggestions guys !
Last edited by VladMtg at Jun 4, 2013,
Now you need to take lots of pictures and make a NGD (New Guitar Day) thread to share your score with everybody!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by greatrun
ya know, i used to think buying something less expensive 'to see if you REALLY liked it' was the way to go. i have done this with motorcycles...bought a harley sportster then a wideglide and things of that nature. in my experience, it is best to get what you truly desire. get what you think sounds best 1st and what feels like something you want to be intimate with for hours on end, day after day.

just my 2 cents....

PS figuring out what you want can be alot of fun too!!!!

Ha too funny, I did almost exactly this myself, altho replace Wide Glide with custom Fat Bob

I know the purpose of this post is satisfied, nonetheless I really want to second this for those times in the future when this post may pop up in a google search. While setting a budget makes sense, you still have to love what you buy. I played a cheap beginner Jackson Dinky for many years and only put it away when stuff started breaking on it from heavy use. Being able to play a guitar I'd fallen in love with has made me a better guitarist today.
Schecter Blackjack SLS C-7
Les Paul Studio with Nailbomb / Black Dog BK pups
Razorback Blades V
Axe-FX Ultra
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50
Ableton Live 8 with Nexus, Komplete 6, Predator, Sylenth
Numark NS7FX
I have the Vypyr 30, so feel free to ask questions about it. You can also look online to find good effect combinations people have put together. It's not a bad little SS, but I'm not a huge fan. It takes me a lot of tweaking with the modeler and effects to find a sound I like, and then I usually forget to save it. :|

The heavy overdrive on the high-gain amp modelers are junk, and the fuzz effect is unusable.

HNGD! Hopefully the trem system will be okay for you, I was going to recommend against a FR style tremolo.