Anyone ever use a D44s AKG mic? Any thoughts?
I can't find any real reviews out there that aren't ads in disguise.

Also, if there's a better forum for this, let me know.

It is true that I am a nube to this UG thing.
The Recordings forum would be the place to go.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I'd ask MatrixClaw, since he has used like every mic known to mankind, lol. Dude owns a professional studio.
Quote by GaryBillington
The Recordings forum would be the place to go.

The recording forums seemed to be more about recordings, rather than recording itself. But of course, I see what you mean.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
I'd ask MatrixClaw, since he has used like every mic known to mankind, lol. Dude owns a professional studio.

Thanks! I'll go fill-up his inbox straight away
Quote by Endth
The recording forums seemed to be more about recordings, rather than recording itself. But of course, I see what you mean.

I know - I've commented on it's title in the past as well, you aren't the first person to post in the wrong place & you won't be the last.

The idea is that the main Recordings forum is about kit & technique etc, then there's the Originals and Covers sub-forums to post your work in for comments.
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
I know - I've commented on it's title in the past as well, you aren't the first person to post in the wrong place & you won't be the last.

The idea is that the main Recordings forum is about kit & technique etc, then there's the Originals and Covers sub-forums to post your work in for comments.

That's too bad. All they have to do is add ONE MORE forum - Gear & Method.

Thanks for your input.
Last edited by Endth at May 10, 2013,
There's already a separate Gear & Accessories forum for other gear
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Is this it?

http://www.akg.com/D44+S-835.html?pid=943

If it is, I'd be wary of calling it a "recording" microphone. No serious mic comes with an attached cord with mini-jack connectors.

That said, it'll probably beat a Rock Band mic pretty handily.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
"dynamic karaoke microphone"
Would obviously be suited for live.. It seems like and (AKG) sm57/8 equivalent.
Posting my reply to Endth's PM, since I figure it might be helpful to others on a low budget:

Unfortunately, I haven't used that mic. In general, aside from their C414 series, I'm honestly not a big fan of any AKG mics, as compared to other brands at a similar price. Is it one you're considering buying, or have you already bought it?

The reason I ask is because I bought a GLS ES-57 a few weeks back because they're dirt cheap, and I've heard they're surprisingly good when compared to the Shure SM-57. I'm actually VERY surprised by it. It's not 100% there (though, it's surprisingly close...), but you can buy 3 for less than the price of 1 Shure. Actually, build quality wise, I'd say they're both about equal, if not leaning a little bit better on the GLS side, because the grille feels more sturdy. I'm sure you could drop the GLS from a 5 story building or run it over with a car and it'd keep on going, just like a Shure.

GLS makes the ES-58 which is their SM-58 copy and at $30 a pop (or $85 for 3), you really can't go wrong IMO. I've been recommending these lately to people who are looking to mic drum sets on the cheap, or need some good live mics they can bang up and not feel bad about. Perfect for drums, because drummers tend to hit them with their sticks, and at $30 each, you can afford to replace them 3 times before you get to the price of the Shure equivalent... Though I have my doubts that you'd ever NEED to, they're built like tanks. On guitars they sound great, more natural than a Shure IMO. I've been experimenting using both an SM57 and an ES57 on a cab and mixing them together. The Shure tends to sound a bit more harsh on vocals, whereas the GLS is smoother. Maybe not as flattering on some voices, but since they sound less internally EQ'd to me, easier to get it setting in a mix quicker.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com