I want to make mine look like this:

Basically just remove the black board. But I'm not sure what's all involved in removing/acquiring/mounting the emblems to the grill.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
It's 4 philips screws on either side of the board. Pull it off and then pull the cage off. It's just screws and nuts to hold the badges on like that.

Edit: it might take a trip to the hardware store to get black screws and nuts. The badges are just screwed into the wood.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Last edited by R45VT at May 10, 2013,

Here's mine. It's not too hard to do. To mount the emblems to the front grill I would get some bolts that fit in the holes on the emblem, and just use nuts to attach them. It depends on whether you want to remove the blackboard completely, or put a design on it.

Jackson RR3 Rhoads and DK2M Dinky
Peavey 6505+ w/ Avatar 212 cab
Ibanez TS9, ISP Decimator, MXR 10 Band EQ
-Digitech RP1000
Ah, that makes a lot of sense. I wasn't sure what they were mounted on, but nuts is the easy/obvious solution.

I'll try not to tear her up, for you.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Keep in mind if you want to remove the board you need to cut two pieces of wood on the edges and attach the screen to them so you have something for the outside screws to hold onto. You can see that in the picture you posted.

-Digitech RP1000
I took out my board in about 10 mins. Man those UK plugs are huge, they should get with the times.
I did this to my 5150 years ago, unscrewed all the stuff, pulled it out and then placed it back in the amp, you will likely need washers to rescrew the grill back onto the amp but mine just sits in there under its own pressure, it won't come out unless I pull it out, as for the Logo (in my case the 5150 number logo) I got a small piece of wood placed at the back of the grill and screwed the logo onto that.

Cornford Hellcat
Peavey 5150
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V
So you're going for the Valveking look? Where did you find that picture, the bench and plastic easter egg had me rollin'.

I kid I kid. I have the same type of screen on my Splawn only my logo is held on with black twist ties

Offworld, when did you score that beast? You had a JSX before right? That's my dream amp right there! Still having touched a regular 6505 though, only the plus.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
I've only had it for like a day, haha. I haven't done (and probably won't do) a NAD or anything.

@Bigbazz can you just pull the grill straight out from the front? And pop it back in?

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
It's a tight fit so I'd imagine you could just pull it out and pop it in if you don't want the mod to be permanent, but I think I would rather screw it back on.

-Digitech RP1000
Quote by Offworld92
I've only had it for like a day, haha. I haven't done (and probably won't do) a NAD or anything.

@Bigbazz can you just pull the grill straight out from the front? And pop it back in?

With my amp yeah, it will stay in on its own but you hook it with the end of a guitar lead(for example), pull gently and it will come right out, and pop back in just as easily. I was gonna screw it back in properly, but it wasn't really necessary so I didn't bother.
Cornford Hellcat
Peavey 5150
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V
Just make sure to attach the logo plate BEHIND the metal grill. I think it looks terrible with them on top of the grill on the outside.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Why have the logo at all? No logo is way more metal.

Or better yet, get the Splawn logo on there. Everyone will be like
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by Van Noord
Just make sure to attach the logo plate BEHIND the metal grill. I think it looks terrible with them on top of the grill on the outside.

x2. I see people do that all the time with 5150's and it kills it for me.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Congrats on the 6505 dude, beast amp. How do you like it?

consider a used mesa V30 cab, that's a big part of a lot of the tones you want (tbdm and the like)
1997 Ibanez RG550 w/ EMG 81 bridge - C standard
PEAVEY 6505
Mesa Rectifier slant 4x12
Last edited by BoneAndDream at May 15, 2013,
Quote by BoneAndDream
Congrats on the 6505 dude, beast amp. How do you like it?

x2.

Lets get some pictures and a review up in this thread.

Did you find V1 for your 803? The order is not left to right...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Quote by R45VT
x2. I see people do that all the time with 5150's and it kills it for me.

I tried it behind briefly and didn't like it, it looks a lot better in person/on stage than it does in a picture, with the 5150 logo on the front of the grill.
Cornford Hellcat
Peavey 5150
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V
Last edited by Bigbazz at May 15, 2013,