Any idea? I'm looking to somehow add this to a push pull pot so when it's on the guitar signal is swelled from soft to loud when a note is hit. How on earth would you do this? Thanks
What do you know about electronics?

This just sounds like a one shot tremolo.
'It takes 100 guitar players to change a light. One to change the light and 99 to stand around pointing, saying..."Yeah man, look...I can do that too"...'

My gear is in my Profile

Builds & Refurbs
Hondo 780 Deluxe
Gibson Studio
Epi LP100
Last edited by Phoenix V at May 11, 2013,
I don't really know to much about electronics, I'm competent enough to wire pickups and figure out how to wire things in to do certain things but I'm hopeless at reading schematics or designing them. I can't seem to find any info on the one shot tremolo, could you possibly enlighten me?
With no experience in electronics Id recommend you don't make this circuit within the guitar itself activated by a push pot as you say.

This will as a minimum require some kind of active buffer circuit which will change the tone of your guitar output and fiddly electronics to get the rate of rise and decay just right, etc etc as well as a battery within the cavity.

You can achieve the same effect with real simple electronics by using a passive volume control pedal last in your effects chain before the amp and using your foot to perform the volume swell and decay. These are just a pot, controlled by footpedal and with practice you can get the swell just right and as you like it a lot quicker and easier than engineering a circuit. No need to flick a push pot on the guitar. You just use it as you need it.

There's lots of manufacturers who make these.
'It takes 100 guitar players to change a light. One to change the light and 99 to stand around pointing, saying..."Yeah man, look...I can do that too"...'

My gear is in my Profile

Builds & Refurbs
Hondo 780 Deluxe
Gibson Studio
Epi LP100
Last edited by Phoenix V at May 11, 2013,
Ahhh, I see....have been looking at volume pedals but I'm definitely too broke for one of them! Maybe I should just add a master volume that's within my reach
there are some pedals that do that exact thing. the boss slow gear is a pedal that does this, but they are unfortunately hard to find and expensive. there are some clones out there, or you could also build one.