This thread probably has been done 50 times before but I searchbar'd and got nothing. Anyway, me:

Drums:

Started off playing drums when I was like 6, had an entry level drumset, got okay for a while but many things held me back. Mostly because my dad was a guitar player and had really no idea on how to help me tune the set, couldn't teach me anything drum related really, and I only had one lesson tape that was boring as hell as well as no access to internet for lessons.

And I live in an area with no one who plays drums or gives lessons, so that didn't help either. As of now I can barely keep an in-time beat anymore, and have since sold my drumset.

Saxophone:

Well I didn't really fail this instrument, but really just lost motivation. I played it for middle school band, and hated doing so. I wanted to play stuff like this, but instead had to practice generic middle-school band music, which I hated.

Also didn't help that the original band director (who was a genius, and amazing) left and was replaced by some woman who didn't know how to handle it at all.

I kinda wanna get back into it, fix up my old sax and try learning some jazz sax if I can. Probably can't do much with it since it's pretty much a Squire of saxophones but it's worth a shot.
Except you don't even need lessons to learn how to play drums. A metronome and an ear is all you need to learn how to play drums.

Sure lessons help and are obviously better than no lessons but it's easy to work with nothing. I didn't even play a metronome and I still can keep a beat in time because I just played along with music instead
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
The harmonica. I had no idea what I was doing.

Also drums.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
The triangle.

No, just kidding, the tambourine.

No, just kidding, seriously though the occarina. There was an...occarina band at school when I was about 5 and I joined for some reason. I had no idea wtf I was doing and one time we played in an assembly to the other kids of the infant school and I just tooted randomly and hoped for the best.

I'd like to think I made that perfomance.
In my defence, the teacher didn't teach. And just like that, at the tender age of 5, my occarina dreams were over so I learned guitar instead.
I have nothing important to say
Ukelele. I have one. It's nice. It has no strings now, so it's just an ornament. It bored me after a while. I kept trying to treat it like a guitar. lol
Quote by TooktheAtrain
If you're looking for some easy-ish tunes to play on sax this comes to mind
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmtHdBPzi_w

Thank you for this.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
French Horn, Trombone, Flute, Harmonica, Drums, Piano, Guitar....

I can play each of them a little and none well.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Guitar
Guitars:
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Jeff Loomis 7 string
Ibanez RG370DXGP2
Some cheap Cort Acoustic

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60

Effects:
Line 6 Pod HD500

Keyboard/Piano:
Yamaha YDP161 Arius Digital Piano
Piano. I just ended playing scales up and down and had no idea how to do anything else. Quite similar to how my guitar learning started.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
borrowed a friend's violin, learned about proper bowing technique and the first position, then kinda lost steam after that. i still have the violin...
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Well, I haven't stopped, but I really should practice it more. Violin. I love the instrument, I just had a bad teacher for awhile and lost motivation because of some stuff.
Well, the only other instruments I've ever tried was the piano and harmonica. I was/still am pretty decent at the piano. As for the harmonica, well, I was a kid then, so I never really had any talent with it to begin with though, so it wasn't really a failure. It was more of a toy.

Although, in middle school I played trombone. I failed miserably at reading and remembering music. I pretty much played it all by ear.

I forgot how it all worked out, but I recall remembering songs pretty darn flawlessly. Somehow I was promoted to B class after that.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I wanna try sax, or flute, or trombone. The instruments are so damn expensive, though.

EDIT: No they're not on eBay, but I have a catalog from somewhere with flutes for $10K
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Last edited by jjfeu662 at May 10, 2013,
Drums and ukulele

a G is a guitar D thats all I remember
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Middle School Piano lessons.
Middle School Acoustic Guitar.
High school Violin lessons

Try some fail some,
I started off with the keys, was fun times but then the music teacher stopped doing keyboard club
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
Quote by skylerjames13
Except you don't even need lessons to learn how to play drums. A metronome and an ear is all you need to learn how to play drums.

Sure lessons help and are obviously better than no lessons but it's easy to work with nothing. I didn't even play a metronome and I still can keep a beat in time because I just played along with music instead

Yeah, but there's a little bit more to drumming, like polyrhythms, metric modulation, and stuff like that. Everyone (more or less) can keep a beat, but things like I've mentioned are pretty challenging for everyone except maybe experienced drummers.
Playing Piano properly, I have been "wasting time" playing with my midi keyboard long time (2-3) years, I know all the basic chords, 7th, mayor min pentatonic scales how to consttuct chords etc

and also put some keyboards to my song, but i'm not able to descordinate my 2 hands....
I'm so bad at it, that when i need to do different stuff with each hand I record each hand separately (or do both with right hand...)

Maybe I should take a propper lesson 1 year, learn to read music and do it from there.... Or keep it the way it is...
Since 2002 using UG. This page teached me how to play guitar and help'd me to embrace the passion of my life: Music.
Piano, Violin and Trumpet.

I grew up in a family that had a history of playing classical string instruments and a little brass. I started playing piano when i was 6, which i had soon quit. At 7, i picked up a violin and played for 2 years. Then at 11, i picked up Trumpet.

I wish to relearn the Violin, the Piano and the Cello.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at May 10, 2013,