Budget: No more than $700
Favorite Artists: Metal bands
Preferences: I like Jackson necks. Needs a hardtail, 25.5 scale, 24 frets
Pickups: Actives
New
Current Gear: See Sig

I'm looking to pick up a new in box guitar to add to my arsenal (For Drop C/B Tuning). Right now I'm looking at the Jackson SLATTXMGQ3-6. (link) I'm a little out of the loop with guitar buying and want to know if there are any similar ones (Ie. LTD, Schecter, etc.). I should try out.

Thanks

Jackson RR3 Rhoads and DK2M Dinky
Peavey 6505+ w/ Avatar 212 cab
Ibanez TS9, ISP Decimator, MXR 10 Band EQ
-Digitech RP1000
Last edited by Tremolo Bum at May 10, 2013,
I think the Godin Redlines are pretty nice. The Redline 1 and 2 seem to fit the bill although it's a 24 3/4" scale. They usually cost 300-400$ used.
I've read good things about the new SLATX models. I don't think you could go too wrong there. They look amazing, to boot.

A similar option is an LTD MH-1000NT. http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MH1000NTSTB/

The LTD is probably a little bit better put together objectively, but ultimately you should go with whichever feels better.

EDIT: The H-1001 has actives. http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/H1001STBC/

LTDs and Schecters seem to cost more than they should. They may have been slowly raising their prices or something. I don't know why that H is more than that MH, they should both be the same price.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at May 10, 2013,
Quote by Offworld92
I've read good things about the new SLATX models. I don't think you could go too wrong there. They look amazing, to boot.

That's good to know. I'm planning to sell a guitar I bought second hand (MIJ Dinky) to help fund this. It has a floyd and all my others have floyds so I want something that's a little easier to change tunings. It also has EMGHz pickups so rather than spend the money to swap pups, I'm planning to sell it and get something that comes stock with actives.

The SLATX models are made in Indonesia though, that's my only concern. I wouldn't want to go down from a MIJ Dinky if the quality isn't as good, that's why I'm asking. I haven't been keeping up with current production for guitars.

-Digitech RP1000
Quote by Offworld92

LTDs and Schecters seem to cost more than they should. They may have been slowly raising their prices or something. I don't know why that H is more than that MH, they should both be the same price.

ESP and Schecter are just adjusting pricing to match the market growth.

SD and EMG have different pricing strategies on their wholesale prices. Same with the two brands trying to milk more money out of the active version since they are more popular with their customers.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Quote by dark Mass
ESP and Schecter are just adjusting pricing to match the market growth.

SD and EMG have different pricing strategies on their wholesale prices. Same with the two brands trying to milk more money out of the active version since they are more popular with their customers.

Judging from looks alone, that LTD looks a little snazzier so I understand why it may cost a bit more.

I may see if I can try one out. I've always kind of looked down on ESP since they are almost a carbon copy of Jackson guitars.

-Digitech RP1000