what would be the best tube amp at this price range? im looking for something with good cleans and good solid distortion. my other sounds would mostly come from my board. something sturdy as well cos will do some gigs with it. the cheaper the better..
Genres? What sort of music do you play?

Used or new? Also your location as recommendations will vary depending on your location.

Current gear?

We need a bit more to work off than that.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Head or combo?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
if its going to be head and cab, both should be within the price range. classic rock to prog. dont need metal capabilities
Way to ignore nearly every single one of my questions.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Look for a used Marshall JCM2000 DSL401, they are great amps and will do what you want and more. Used they run $500ish

But without knowing what your current gear is and where your located, I really cant be specific.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
for all forms of rock, indie, hard rock, my egnater tweaker 40 and a good pedalboard fits the bill perfectly. hard to complain without exceeding the 1200+ price range.

but yes answer epicurts other questions.

what bands do you like? full range all genres.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)