Hi folks! Im looking to arrange some kind of black metal project for recording a Cd because I play proggresive metal but I enjoy BM with melodic twist and I wanted to do this for some time ago.
I need some help arranging bass guitar and drums cos I got no experience playing them or composing for BM so I'm lost and stuck. I have a few tunes and I'm searching for people to help me in tabs and if they want to record together will be awsome as long as I have recording options in Pro tools to send guitar parts. If someone is interested Im uploading the first tab to play and compose as you will!

Thanks a lot!!
Attachments:
Black Carlos.gp5
TH3 G3Ar
- JCM 900 SL-X and SV MKII 100HD with LIne 6 sv412
-Bunch of pedals ( WD,BM,NR-2...)
-Ibanez Universe uv777pbk,Rg 2550&321mh
-http://backtorlyeh.bandcamp.com/
I tried writing drums for your song, but there's an extra measure at the end of each riff. It's kind of weird, I made it work for the first two parts, and it sounded alright, but it was still kind of odd and really hard to make anything to.

Really drug on a bit. I'd be interested in helping out anyway I can, but I found it hard to focus on this. Lol. Might be because I have had a couple mixed drinks, but I'll check on this in the morning and shoot me back a reply. Maybe we could work something out, as I'm really having writers block and something like this would really help me get past that.

EDIT: I'm going to try working on this with you. I just got back from a short walk, and some potential ideas hit me. We just need to smooth some stuff out.

I know this is nothing special, but I tried to be as simplistic as possible to keep with the black metal feeling. What I've done drum wise is below, and I fixed up the riff's a little bit. Made the song flow a little more steady.

For noting on your end, each repeating part (up until what I've done) was removed, and I doubled the first four bars of each repeating riff, and the fifth bar plays after the second time through the four bar riff.

I can also figure out the bass part for you, but that's if you're interested in Fretless Bass being in the mix. I don't like regular bass only fretless lol.
Attachments:
Black Carlos 1.gp5
There will be zero tolerance
For the creator of hallowed intentions
Fate is your deciding God
Last edited by DragTheWaters11 at May 16, 2013,
I like your idea but I feel less groovy without the bars you take, but its cool anyway, just a matter of personal preference. Would you be interested in recording drums for the project? Drums, bass or whatever you can play. Im working on 5 more songs...
TH3 G3Ar
- JCM 900 SL-X and SV MKII 100HD with LIne 6 sv412
-Bunch of pedals ( WD,BM,NR-2...)
-Ibanez Universe uv777pbk,Rg 2550&321mh
-http://backtorlyeh.bandcamp.com/
Well I dunno if I can man. Suddenly had a rush of creativity in my current project which I've been meaning to start for the past year. :/ !

However, if somebody can write the drums I should be able to make something happen.
For the creator of hallowed intentions
Fate is your deciding God