Hello. I'm looking for a bass to use for recordings. I'm looking for a very versatile sound since i'm only gonna be able to have one.

I'm on a very limited budget, and i have 3 options.

'91 "Made in USA Fender Prodigy for $325 USD
It's in good condition. Many websites say it was only assembled there, but actually its Mexican made). It is active and white. It is exactly like the on this picture, but not the one on the picture.

'2007 Fender MIM P-Bass $320
In very good shape. He's offering it with new strings (strings here in Mexico are much more expensive, so new strings included would help a little).

It is exactly the one on the picture, but with strings and without the sticker.

'89 MIJ Charvette by Charvel bass $160
In very good conditions too. Made in Japan, Gotoh tuners. and also, the price is the half of the Fender ones (i could really use the other half for better monitors and some other things i need).

So, i would really like to listen to your opiniong guys, which one would be the best choice and better value? Mind you im not a real bass player, but i'd like something that can stay in tune and sound decent for my recordings. Thanks in advance!
Tell the MIM to piss off, it's Fender's scam.

Then buy the USA Fender and Charvel because JESUS CHRIST those are good deals.

If you have to pick on, the USA Fender is more versatile.
Quote by Spaz91
Tell the MIM to piss off, it's Fender's scam.

Then buy the USA Fender and Charvel because JESUS CHRIST those are good deals.

If you have to pick on, the USA Fender is more versatile.

lol, thanks, i appreciate your opinion. By the way, why you say the MIM its a Fender Scam?
Sometimes the MIM has less attention to detail. My MIM telecaster is awesome but my MIM J bass needs a set up. You need to try it out.
Quote by Lemming16
By the way, why you say the MIM its a Fender Scam?

It's an extra £200 for it to say "Fender" instead of "Squier" with no other benefit.
I've had enough Charvels and JAcksons to choke a horse. The Charvette is a nice unit with the same neckshape as the model-series units, but was the cheaper end because the hardware is c.h.e.a.p, the body is alder not poplar so it is lighter and sounds a little different, and naturally includes the low output pickup compared to the model-series I love so much!!

For 150-160 bucks shipped I'd buy it instantly...200? naw..