I recently bought an Epiphone Hummingbird Pro. It sounds amazing, and it's a beautiful guitar. However, there's a ton of fret buzz, mainly in the first position. I loosened the truss rod a ton, and it helped...but the buzz is still there and it's really starting to piss me off. Any suggestions before I take it in to Guitar Center to get it tuned up?
did you buy it new or used? did it have this fret buzz when you first got the guitar or did it appear after a couple days? was the neck too flat before you adjusted the truss rod?
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
What kind of bridge? I dont know epiphones, try raising or lowering the bridge or the saddles.
The first thing you need to do is to check the height of the frets. They should all be exactly the same height. If you have a low one, then the string would go too low there, and would buzz on the next fret or two below that. Or if you have a high one a little below where the buzz is happening, that also would cause the problem.

To measure fret height you need a set of calipers. If you don't have one, then you can either buy a set for around $30 (try Fowler for inexpensive but good quality calipers) or you can go to the music shop and ask them to check the frets for you.

It's really wise to own a set of calipers because you will need them for many other things over time. Also a set of feeler guages for about $20 is a wise investment.

High frets can be filed down, but low frets need to be replaced (unless you want to drop all the others down to that level). Typical fret height should be around 40 mils (thousandths of an inch).

After fret height has been checked you should also check to see that the neck has no undesirable warpage... you can use a straight-edge for that, such as a good machinists scale (a precision steel ruler). If the neck has a slight "twist" to it, that could cause buzzing.

These are all the sort of issues that inexpensive guitars often have, because they don't employ the same level of component quality as the more expensive ones do.