hey guys

im trying to see what tuners will be a direct replacement for the tuners i have now, i dont need locking tuners as im always in tune, no issues.

I would like to know what tuners would drop in as a direct replacement with no drilling on my Ibanez SZ320?

also, which on of these is the grover black chrome and which one is black nickel? each site shows a different pic and i dont know what to believe

thanks guys
Member #25 of the Ibanez SZ over RG Club! PM ibanez4life SZ! to join

Ibanez SZ320BK, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Statocaster, Laney Cub 12

Quote by Punk2Guitar
your my hero

Quote by benjy118
I love you

Thank you very much
Why do you want to change the tuners in the first place if you're always in tune?
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Yeah don't upgrade your tuners unless they suck. I have an SZ and the tuners are fine
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
im doing it for the colour change, although im still debating whether to change them to black or leave them and change everything else. They are also very old and tarnished.

im completely modding my SZ, black pickup rings, black knobs as well as push pull for each pickup, black pickup selector. Ive even electroplated the bridge black.

the silver looks good but the black looks a better, kinda stick out less but looks better at the same time

Quote by Punk2Guitar
your my hero

Quote by benjy118
I love you

Thank you very much
Chrome will be more reflective and catch the light more. Nickel will have more of an underlying greyish quality.

Personally I'd go with the black nickel. Don't like super shiny stuff.
Well, in the picture you posted, top right is black chrome with top left being black nickel, and bottom right being the chrome of course.

I see no reason why those ones you posted won't be a direct fit. That's after a google search of the back of the headstock to your guitar.

Edit: Oh, and if you are going to get new tuners. Make sure you get a 3x3 set, rather than 6 in line. That's the essential point.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Last edited by Lavatain at May 11, 2013,
yes 100 percent, 3x3 is definitely what im going to get

thanks that clears it up, it seems the black chrome is darker and less reflective

seems thats what im going to go for!

thanks for the help guys!

Quote by Punk2Guitar
your my hero

Quote by benjy118
I love you

Thank you very much
Get the locking versions. Grover lockers are the shit.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification