Okay, I have no experience with soldering or doing any modifications to my guitar.
I have a squier strat with a humbucker, I bought a GFS lill killer which is basically a Seymour duncan hot rails pickup clone. I want to replace the bridge humbucker in my strat with the lil killer. I don't know how to do it at all, im so frustrated!

There is one big ass green cable coming out of the humbucker in the strat. The GFS lil killer has 6 wires, there is a red and white one that is soldered together theres is a black one, and green one, and a silver one, WTF do I do!

***** wrong category
Last edited by xXRocketManXx at May 11, 2013,
5 wires, green, black, red, white and braided earth, red and white join together and tape them up out the way, black goes to the selector switch and the green and the earth go to earth, the back of one of the volume or tone pots is fine.
That's identical to a Seymour Duncan wiring codes ... isn't it ?
The Little Killer is a great pick .... I have a couple, one in a home assembled Strat and the other in a 1980's Kramer American Series guitar.
Quote by Twidler
5 wires, green, black, red, white and braided earth, red and white join together and tape them up out the way, black goes to the selector switch and the green and the earth go to earth, the back of one of the volume or tone pots is fine.

The green wire on GFS pups is the hot wire and the black is a ground. Way to many people make the mistake of mixing these 2 wires up on GFS pups. It is the same color code as SD's and you can use their wire charts but you just have to remember to swap the black and green around.
Last edited by Way Cool JR. at May 12, 2013,
Quote by Way Cool JR.
The green wire on GFS pups is the hot wire and the black is a ground. Way to many people make the mistake of mixing these 2 wires up on GFS pups. It is the same color code as SD's and you can use their wire charts but you just have to remember to swap the black and green around.

My bad, it was the mention of the seymour duncan hot rails, doh!
Mind you it'll still work, just the power will go the other direction through the coils lol