I have a fender strat and have always been using a crappy amp with it, unconvinced that a better amp will be worth it. I only play in home.

I want to know what amp I can get that will really make my guitar sound good, for about $300 new or used I don't mind.

The Line Spider IV 75w looks interesting - I like the fact you can replay your own loops, also looked at fender frontman 212r but probably more power than I would need, others are saying peavey is good, or fender blues jr. I just don't know what would suit me.

I play all sorts of music, would like a good clean sound but also distortion to be decent. The angels and airwaves sound would be nice too.

I get the impression that a lot of the low watt amps just don't sound very good. What would you guys recommend? Thanks
Whichever Peavey Vypyr you can get with you budget would be my recommendation
What Strat is it? Does it have a bridge humbucker or is it SSS style?

What amp do you currently have?

Off what you have given us I would have to suggest something like the Peavey Vypyr 30, Fender Mustang II, Vox VT 30 if you buy new.

Depending on where you live, the Peavey Vypyr Tube 60 used maybe an option
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
What Strat is it? Does it have a bridge humbucker or is it SSS style?

What amp do you currently have?

Off what you have given us I would have to suggest something like the Peavey Vypyr 30, Fender Mustang II, Vox VT 30 if you buy new.

Depending on where you live, the Peavey Vypyr Tube 60 used maybe an option

The SSS style. I just have a really cheap amp. It sucks bad. I will have to look into the peavey vypyrs some more. Thanks
How does the VYPYR 30 compare to the new VYPYR VIP 2 40w? I see both are around 200 bucks
Used Peavey Vypyr Tube 60, or Classic 30. Possibly a Valveking.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
What you really need is a new amp... oh, wait... ****
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by thefedexpope
How does the VYPYR 30 compare to the new VYPYR VIP 2 40w? I see both are around 200 bucks

The vypyr 2 VIP is a do everything amp. It has electric guitar, Acoustic-guitar and bass-guitar modeling so that 1 amp can do everything. If you don't need the acoustic or bass modeling then get the regular Vypyr 30 it has more models for the electric guitar than the VIP does.

You can get the Vypyr 30 for $100 used all day if your in the USA. I really sugest you look at the Vypyr Tube 60, they sound very good for a modeling amp and you can get them for <$300 used if you look really good.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What you really need is a new amp... oh, wait... ****