Heya everyone,
I was thinking for some time to buy a Agile AL-2000 White Gold, but something came to my mind. Because I live in Europe the only way of getting that guitar is by asking a friend from the US to buy it for me and bring it to me when she is going to come here by summer. Thing is, she will have to take it on the plane with her as I'm on a budget and can't afford to buy a hard case, just a soft case, and it would be the end if the personnel wouldn't let her take it on the plane. So after some brainstorming, I thought of modding my Squier Bullet Strat, so that I couldn't go through all that pain in the ass with transportation. As I'm having some problems with the electronics and the tuners (classic on Bullets) I thought of buying a prewired pickguard and locking tuners from tntcustomguitars ( 50$ + 30$+20$ for shipping). So my question is should I risk my 240$ on getting the AL-2000 or is it worth more upgrading the Squier?
It depends on how big the plane is, if there is some place where you can put it, if it will fit the closet area, etc. Just did some research on google about getting your guitar on plane with you, it depends on a lot of factors, and taking into consideration she is going to switch between 2 airplane, the chances are quite high.
I don't know how much a bullet strat costs there, but here is one of the cheapest, priced around 100€.. I guess you should change the tuners, if the standard ones are oh so bad (just to be able to play in tune), and give up upgrading it. It's not worth the price on a entry level guitar.

I also would give up in buying the Agile if it's so complicated to get it to you. I never played one, but I guess that no 200$ axe is worth the ruckus.
If it's so risky I wouldn't buy Agile. I would buy another guitar which would be easier to get. AL2000 is a les paul copy, you could easily find a guitar similar to it in local music shops.
I would get an ephiphone les Paul if I were you. There said to be exactly like Gibson's.
Quote by Espace39
I would get an ephiphone les Paul if I were you. There said to be exactly like Gibson's.

By people who are wrong.

TS - give us the information requested in this thread:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1497696

We'll be able to provide suggestions that don't need importing.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by Espace39

I really like the feel of my Epi LP, but it's nothing like a Gibson. I love the feeling of mine and it sounds great (even more with the new pickups). I've played a few Gibson LPs and they have a completely different feel to them.
Skip the username, call me Billy
Quote by Espace39

Here we go again. Just clearing it up - most Epiphone LP's aren't on par with correlated model Gibsons (studios to studios, standards to standards, etc.)

You can find LP copies all over the place, Epiphones can be decent, but you really have to play them to find out. I wouldn't risk the plane unless you know it can be done and the guitar can be kept safe.
OffsetOffset
My church's music minister buys his guitar a seat when he flies. Don't know what it costs him...
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!