Last night i started a new practice routine, new warm up and exercises ect just completly shook my routine up and it felt like my speed and note definition increased dramatically. could this be from the new exercises or was this just a good night? i almost could not do anything wrong last night when i was wrapping up with my improv and did something that i was like did i really just play that? i got my new string aerobics from the sticky in this section i dont remember which sticky though.
Could be a combination of both. New things combined with confidence in your playing will breed new results. :P
Quote by Hardlycore
Could be a combination of both. New things combined with confidence in your playing will breed new results. :P

I have noticed that confidence an emotion influence my playing alot I can't speak for anyone else but I played something when I was mad at my girlfriend ( she was being a naggy about me practicing so much) when I tried playing the same phrase again it didn't quite sound the same.
Quote by sw4l
I have noticed that confidence an emotion influence my playing alot I can't speak for anyone else but I played something when I was mad at my girlfriend ( she was being a naggy about me practicing so much) when I tried playing the same phrase again it didn't quite sound the same.

This. For me, when I feel happy my playing gets a boost. When I'm not happy or angry, my frustration will build up faster which really isn't beneficial for my playing
baab
It's pretty crazy how emotion plays a big part in playing. Well, for most people anyways. :P