I play a Diezel VH4 and gig quite often (average of 2 times a month). I really like the versatility and the sound of it. The immense clarity ant tightness is according to me unmatched. I haven't tried the Hagen yet, but otherwise it's only the mark V that comes close.

And now to the point. My Diezel, as much as I like the tone and features of it, is giving me a lot of troubles lately. In the past year, I needed a retube, a repair on the midi computer, and now the amp is back into repair for something serious. I don't know yet what it'll be, but it doesn't look good.

What should I do? Do I keep repairing the bloody thing or sell it and get something else? And if so, what? I played many amps, but not all of them offcourse. We play metal, fast riffs, there's a lot of punch in our sound. What I considder at the moment: Diezel Hagen, Mesa Mark V, Engl SE, Engl Victor smolski, maybe DAR?

I have 2 backup amps: Orange Rockerverb 100 and a dual rectumfrier, but both are not versatile or modern sounding enough to use as main amp every week.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at May 12, 2013,
GG&A would be better for this, there's some real techy amp guys in there.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Crap I thought I was posting there. My bad...
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Well Mesa has proven its reliability over and over, but to me it did not sound like a VH4. If you like the Diezel, your gonna have to stick with a Diezel.

Have you tried a Mesa Roadking/Roadster or Bogner Extacy? The Bogner is one of my favorite amps.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate