https://soundcloud.com/jaakkorauhamaa/cool

Sooo... This is one of my favorites of the songs I have written. Just wanted to show it to you - tell me what you think about it. A bit prog-ish hard rock instrumental stuff. It doesn't really have a title yet so if you could come up with a title that would fit the song, I would appreciate it.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Intro sounds very Iron Maiden like. The guitar tone is a bit too processed-sounding for my tastes. Sounds like the drums and bass are both midi, yeah? I recommend looking for some different vsts or something to give a more realistic sound. Anyways, I like the structure of the song, maybe not as an instrumental but it sets it self up perfectly to have vocals thrown over it. I like the quieter part around the 2 minute mark, nice dynamic change. Song isn't really that original but it works for that hard rock scene.

Critic back please https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1600587
Quote by Joshua1207
Intro sounds very Iron Maiden like. The guitar tone is a bit too processed-sounding for my tastes. Sounds like the drums and bass are both midi, yeah? I recommend looking for some different vsts or something to give a more realistic sound. Anyways, I like the structure of the song, maybe not as an instrumental but it sets it self up perfectly to have vocals thrown over it. I like the quieter part around the 2 minute mark, nice dynamic change. Song isn't really that original but it works for that hard rock scene.

Critic back please https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1600587

Thanks for feedback!

Yeah, well I used my RP355 to record all instruments (guitar and bass). I also used Cubase EQ and some effects (chorus or flanger on bass IIRC). The RP355 sounds a bit digital but yeah, that's all I have at the moment (for recording) and it does its job well enough.

I used drum samples I found online. I know they aren't the most realistic but I think I was a bit after that kind of electronic drum sounds. They kind of fit the song IMO.

I'm not sure if the song is 100% finished. I think I'm going to go back to the intro riff and play a solo and stuff (I need to change some parts). Let's see if it works with vocals (if I can come up with a melody and lyrics first).

I'll check out your songs tomorrow because it's a bit late and I think I'm going to sleep.
Quote by AlanHB

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Possible titles: Rush, Crash course, Jetstream. If those aren't quite what you were going for, what kind of titles do you like? examples always help. Also, if you were going to solo over something in the song, solo over the quieter parts and use those as a lead into the louder parts. That way you can maintain the songs feel, listen to Leave it alone by Mark Tremonti to understand what I mean about the quiet into loud thing.
Quote by lightdark
Possible titles: Rush, Crash course, Jetstream. If those aren't quite what you were going for, what kind of titles do you like? examples always help. Also, if you were going to solo over something in the song, solo over the quieter parts and use those as a lead into the louder parts. That way you can maintain the songs feel, listen to Leave it alone by Mark Tremonti to understand what I mean about the quiet into loud thing.

I think the song is about something fast. So yeah, the titles you posted could fit. But none of them fits it perfectly. So yeah, something similar is what I'm looking for.

Rocket Ride would fit but I think it's a bit too "obvious" - there already are songs with the same title.

Also Speedway could fit but I have written a song with the same title (that also describes its title better than this song would).
Quote by AlanHB

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
I like how dynamic the song is and how you string up sections together. It sounds like it needs vocals though. I was also left hoping for something more original to happen, since the song is maybe a little too recognizable.

All around pretty nice!
Quote by Tuomionmursu
I like how dynamic the song is and how you string up sections together. It sounds like it needs vocals though. I was also left hoping for something more original to happen, since the song is maybe a little too recognizable.

All around pretty nice!

Yeah, I wrote it pretty fast (because I got inspired and thought it had a good flow - it kind of naturally wrote itself) and I think I'm going to develop the ideas it has. I don't think this will be the last version. I think I'm not going to repeat all the stuff so many times.

As I said, I think I'm going to go back to the intro riff and start developing some new ideas from there. Let's see if I'm ever really going to do that or just leave the song like it is.
Quote by AlanHB

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
I enjoyed the song. This song sounds very 80s to me (Which is a great thing as far as im concerned haha I play in an 80s style band haha) Especially that intro riff, haha while listening i had a vision in my head of a music video for it with twisted sister looking guys jumping out of the walls during the intro riff, and then just rocking super hard in the middle of a room. Im not the biggest fan of where the song goes at 0:51, that riff is just ok imo, kind of different from the rest of the song. HOWEVER, it does flow. If u got somebody that could wail to sing on this, Id DEF listen to it all the time. Overall solid instrumental! Enjoyed it!
Melody is good, very nice, guitar tone also. Ony one thing is disturbing listening of your song. Its the tone of snare and bass tome. The last one is to quiet for me. Anyway, good job!
Thanks for the feedback.

@awesomo41894: Yeah, 80s music rocks. I think my songwriting is pretty much influenced by 80s hard rock/heavy metal because some time ago I was really addicted to that kind of music. Not any more that much, though. Now I think I prefer 70s music like Led Zeppelin - more classic rock. But 80s music still rocks and that's what most of my songs/ideas are.

@slap-a-bass: Yeah, man!

@metalmikePL: Yeah... Drum sounds are what they are - free samples that I downloaded. You can't really expect them to sound excellent. I'm still more happy with them than my Cubase drum sounds or general MIDI sounds.
Quote by AlanHB

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Well I dont know what everyone else said about this I try not to read other post before I've commented = ) but the first thing that came to mind was the band Crush40 was in (sonic Adventure soundtrack) anyway i like the vibe of the song can feel the energy i thought the composition was well played rhythm,tone, timing all good

I felt maybe a lil solo in there and I think u'd be all set but even as it is now ur song is pretty good alone I dont know if u were doing an instrumental track or if someone was singing over this so I wouldnt know but Im a solo guy so for me Id like to here some sort of solo in tracks even if its a short one

anyway great track thanks for posting if you would *C4C*
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=31453538#post31453538
"its not the destination.... so much as the journey" one once said
Not much to say that hasn't already been mentioned but I really really liked it. The movement within the piece is great especially the softer section at around 1:50 which gives the overall song more perspective. The use of tonal space is also very well applied.
Quote by Marqway
Well I dont know what everyone else said about this I try not to read other post before I've commented = ) but the first thing that came to mind was the band Crush40 was in (sonic Adventure soundtrack) anyway i like the vibe of the song can feel the energy i thought the composition was well played rhythm,tone, timing all good

I felt maybe a lil solo in there and I think u'd be all set but even as it is now ur song is pretty good alone I dont know if u were doing an instrumental track or if someone was singing over this so I wouldnt know but Im a solo guy so for me Id like to here some sort of solo in tracks even if its a short one

anyway great track thanks for posting if you would *C4C*
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=31453538#post31453538

Yeah, I was planning to play some solo fills over that fade out part. But not every song needs a guitar solo IMO. Sometimes it's just good that there are no guitar solos.
Quote by TroyKeenanMedia
Not much to say that hasn't already been mentioned but I really really liked it. The movement within the piece is great especially the softer section at around 1:50 which gives the overall song more perspective. The use of tonal space is also very well applied.

Thanks.
Quote by AlanHB

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Quote by Ozric
The part I enjoyed the most is from: 1:45 to 2:40 you can do a lot with that, work on your sounds a bit and never stop going at it .....

Check mine here: https://soundcloud.com/nutritiousdreams/notitude-in-progress
Mine is in progress ......

Thanks.

Really liked your song. It was cool that you only used clean guitars and it still had kind of "heavy" parts. Cool chords and stuff. You could maybe try adding some vocals, I don't know. It kind of works as a chill instrumental too.
Quote by AlanHB

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Well, for another title, how about meteor shower, fast lane, crash course, and sonic boom. I'm about out of ideas for this one.
This is sweet! Would be amazing with vocals. The guitar tone is just a bit weird, but close to sounding lovely, I'd fiddle with that a bit.

I quite like the song, if I were any good at singing I'd bust some vocals for you!