Hey guys im using a 1 watt marshall jvm combo in my bedroom at low volume , i like the sound . i was jsut wondering what was the purpose of the bbe sonic maximiser ( sonic stomp ) . does it really help clear the signal of the amp ???

same with a para eq ( parametric equalizer .. think Empress )

are they worth ??? if i plug a sonic stomp in the effec tloop of my marshall .. will i notice a difference ??? ive seen them for 50-60 $$$ .

i like the sound of the amp .. the amount of gain is amazing .. im just wondering if theres a way to shape things a little more . Enhanced the sound im hearing .

any suggestion .

what exactly does the parametric equlizer do .. i already have treble , mid , bass knob on my amp .. does a parametric eq help getting more control ??
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Last edited by Skysc at May 12, 2013,
The BBE does enhance your overall sound. It's subtle but once you turn it off you'll notice it missing. You can view the manual and description, as well as demos online. Not a bad "always on" pedal. Similar pedal, with more boost, is the EP Booster. I have both and think I may find a place for both on my board. Likely the BBE in front with the EP on the end of the chain but still before the preamp.
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Slash Goldtop Les Paul
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro
With paremetric EQ you usually have two knobs. You set a frequency with one knob, and cut it or boost it with the other knob. So bassicaly you just choose one freq and dial in how much volume you want on it.
^a parametric EQ will also sometimes have a adjustable 'Q' as well.

Quote by Skysc
Hey guys im using a 1 watt marshall jvm combo in my bedroom at low volume , i like the sound . i was jsut wondering what was the purpose of the bbe sonic maximiser ( sonic stomp ) . does it really help clear the signal of the amp ???

i don't care for the sonic maximizer. it's kinda a love/hate pedal, many people like what it does but i think it is not appropriate for my guitar playing and my desired tone.

imo, best application of the SM is in PA or a DJ setup.

Quote by Skysc
same with a para eq ( parametric equalizer .. think Empress )

a parametric eq is like a customizable/programmable EQ. it is very useful for more experienced EQ users that know what freqs they wanna cut and how to adjust the Q for a desired effect.

Quote by Skysc

are they worth ??? if i plug a sonic stomp in the effec tloop of my marshall .. will i notice a difference ??? ive seen them for 50-60 $$$ .

you will notice a difference, people generally like the initial effect of it but the love affair tends to wear off.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at May 13, 2013,