I snagged this baby off craigslist for $175

Typical super strat, made in Japan in the 90's. EMG-HZ pups with licensed floyd rose bridge.

Pics

A picture with its accomplice:

Review:
This plays just as nice as my DK2M dinky, which is no surprise given it's almost identical. The licensed floyd stays in tune nicely and has given me no problems which is great seeing as this guitar was built in the 90's.

I'm actually quite pleased with how the EMG-HZ pickups sound through my rig. They aren't what I would consider something that needs to be upgraded really. They don't seem to have as high of an output as the JB in the bridge of my other dinky, but they still sound nice. I haven't really done a good comparison yet, but that is my initial impression. I am considering putting an 81/85 set in it though.

I got it set up nice and it really plays great. It handles drop A# well. I polished up the frets and I really have no complaints.

Here's my dilemma, I was originally going to flip it for something else, but I am really on the fence. I want something with active EMG's and a fixed bridge, and I was planning to sell this to help fund a new guitar. The more I look at it, the more I seem to like it.

Jackson RR3 Rhoads and DK2M Dinky
Peavey 6505+ w/ Avatar 212 cab
Ibanez TS9, ISP Decimator, MXR 10 Band EQ
-Digitech RP1000
The guy put HZ's in it? Odd.

HNGD!

I love me some Jackson's!
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Nice! You can't beat those Japanese made Jacksons, especially when you find one for $175!

Happy shredding my friend!
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
I think the HZ's were stock. I haven't been able to find out the exact model of this guitar other than that it was made in Japan in the 90's. I know some of the Jacksons in this price range have HZ's and some have active EMG's for whatever reason.

Jackson RR3 Rhoads and DK2M Dinky
Peavey 6505+ w/ Avatar 212 cab
Ibanez TS9, ISP Decimator, MXR 10 Band EQ
-Digitech RP1000
Quote by Tremolo Bum
I think the HZ's were stock. I haven't been able to find out the exact model of this guitar other than that it was made in Japan in the 90's. I know some of the Jacksons in this price range have HZ's and some have active EMG's for whatever reason.

Take the neck off. They usually have the model number stamped on the inside of the neck joint or on the back of the neck heel. My guess would be a DXMG. Those usually had reversed headstocks and HZ pickups. Since it's post '06, the body is probably Alder.

Edit: Yeah, that's definitely a DXMG. Do a google search for it and your guitar is the first that pops up.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Last edited by stonyman65 at May 12, 2013,
as tempting as it is, you can't really put a price on a guitar you really enjoy.
for that price i'd definatley keep, flip something you won't miss and keep that
deadly guitar for a deadly price
Fender | Peavey | Epiphone | Hohner | Ernie Ball | Planet Waves | Jim Dunlop | Marshall | Lee Oskar | Traynor | Suzuki | Jackson

Compulsive gear buyer
Nice guitar. I really dig Jackson's triangular fret inlays.
HNGD!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112