Hello, I'm not sure if this is the most appropriate board to post this topic in, but I'm hoping I was at least kinda close.

I'm pretty new to guitar-ifying things and stuff. Having this problem with a Cort KX5 though. The signal sounds really weak after a bit of playing/moving around. It wasn't that bad before. It happens terribly often now, and it's really frustrating.

It almost certainly cuts out when I reach down to adjust my amp (I have a grand total of 0 pedals). Now I can barely ever get it to a full signal.

I looked up some things and most sources point to a loose output connector. My output jack is out to the side, rather than the front like a Strat. Anyway, I have no soldering equipment, and can't locate the area where the signal breaks in the first place.

Any help? And how much do you think it would take to have a shop take a look at it, if it's worth taking it there at all?

Thanks in advance.
It could be a jack issue, but have you tried other cables?

Honestly, if it's the guitar jack, I strongly suggest buying a soldering kit (they're cheap, I paid like $15 for mine), and learning how to repair those simple fixes yourself.
A shop may only charge you $20 bucks to resolder it, but if you run into the issue again, you're back in the shop. Plus, there's much to be said for working on your own gear; most schematics can be found online, and unless you go crazy, you likely won't make a mess of it.
OffsetOffset
Quote by SteveHOC
It could be a jack issue, but have you tried other cables?

Honestly, if it's the guitar jack, I strongly suggest buying a soldering kit (they're cheap, I paid like $15 for mine), and learning how to repair those simple fixes yourself.
A shop may only charge you $20 bucks to resolder it, but if you run into the issue again, you're back in the shop. Plus, there's much to be said for working on your own gear; most schematics can be found online, and unless you go crazy, you likely won't make a mess of it.

Ah yeah, I'm usually scared of making messes out of things, so that's good to hear. I'm guessing it is my jack, because it looks really cheap. It doesn't connect with the typical two cables, but rather, with one cable and an extra wire (un-covered) sticking out of it.

Anyway, I have tried different cables before, but the issue persists. I talked to my Computer Science teacher who plays the bass, and he told me I could bring it in this Thursday. He's got a voltmeter to more easily identify it, and a soldering kit.

And thanks very much, I'll be sure to keep buying my own kit in mind.