I've been eyeballing a P22 since they were released last year. I've gotten feedback from the PRS aficionado, but that can be a somewhat biased bunch.

I'm really looking at it for gigging situations where acoustic and electric are needed in the same song (for instance, Mother by Pink Floyd). From what I can gather they're a wonderful studio guitar, but like I said, I'm looking for live playing feedback.

I'd most likely be playing the piezo through the house PA and the pickups through an amp. Anyone done this? I like the idea of being able to be playing acoustically, lay down a loop and then be able to solo over it without having to quickly change guitars or do some other set-up.

Currently I just play the electric clean for the acoustic parts and then change channels for the lead stuff. Not the biggest crime in the world -- no one seems to care. But it seems like it'd be nice to use it like that...

Thanks in advance for the feedback!
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
Might get more input asking over at TheGearPage or VintageRocker. I've never played one, sorry.
You'd be better off with a Godin LGXA. It has the acoustic piezo transducer bridge but it's a solid body so you won't have issues with feedback. There is also a version with a tremolo bar called the LGXT.

Also it's cheaper, they usually clock in right under 2 grand.
Quote by CLVPX
Wow, SkyValley = Epic win.
Yeah, I'll post up on TGP. I'm on VintageRocker (as you know), but that's where all my PRS friends live. So, it's hard to judge the feedback.

I'll have to check out the Godin, but the P22 is also a solid body. It just has the latest and greatest LR Baggs piezo ever invented. And I'd prefer a stoptail, so we're good that way too.
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native