Hi guys,

This is the first time posting in the forums but not the first time on the site (i've been here for years) but i'm wanting some advice and i believe this is the best place to go!

Okay so i've been playing for guitar for a few years now and i'm now wanting to start recording my own songs at home. I have a Mac with Logic pro and have been offered a PODHD500 for £300. The main question is, Is this a good price for what I need?

I'll mainly be recording just guitar based songs and possibly songs for my band, The equipment I currently have guitar wise is an Epiphone Les Paul standard Plustop in Honey Burst a Marshall MGDFX 100 and a Zakk Wylde signature Wah (basic I know but it's all I need). Now obviously the amp wouldn't be too good for recording straight into the Mac so I wanted to get one of these boards mainly just for recording purposes and possibly for gigging. The style of music I play/would record would range from Hard Rock to Heavy Metal and then to some virtuoso stuff for a solo project of mine.

So would the HD500 be a good investment for me? or is there better products for a cheaper price?

Many thanks!
I think that is a great purchase for you personally. The Pod will give you a much better tone (broadly speaking) than the Marshall MG ever would.
Current Gear
-----------------
Washburn WI66 Pro //
Ibanez Prestige SA1260 //
Schecter C1 Blackjack //
Fernandes Ravelle Elite //
Wahburn HB35 Semi-Hollowbody
Blackstar HT40
Thanks for the reply! Yeahh i was also thinking i'd get a much better tone from the POD but in terms of recording would it also be a good purchase?
Definitely a good purchase. The M series effects are really good imo. The amp models are good too and they are bringing out more and more, so it'll only become more valuable. The Pod for recording is great, there are plenty of people online and in studios who will attest to that :-)
Current Gear
-----------------
Washburn WI66 Pro //
Schecter C1 Blackjack //
Blackstar HT40
Thats good to hear! Thanks again for the help! sounds like a decent price for £300 too
I think for the extra £50 it is worth getting the floor model. The tweakability is the same once you plug it into your computer and the floor model has the expression pedal etc to allow him to wah away to his delight like he would with his live setup.

Also the floor model is better if he should decide to take it out and play it live through a PA once he finds a sound he really likes. If he bought the desktop he would have to shell out another £150 for the FBV pedalboard...
Current Gear
-----------------
Washburn WI66 Pro //
Schecter C1 Blackjack //
Blackstar HT40
Its very clumsy for reamping [no easy way of doing it) so if reamping is your thing you might want to look closely at the signal path. If you just wanna dial in a good tone and record that then its really nice. The fx are adequate but not its strong point, its amp modelling is where its at.