Poll: What Should I Listen To?
Poll Options
View poll results: What Should I Listen To?
Baroness (any album)
4 7%
Cult of Luna (The Beyond/Vertikal)
3 5%
Dillinger Escape Plan (any album)
4 7%
Macklemore (The Language of My World)
6 11%
Million Dead (Harmony No Harmony)
1 2%
A Perfect Circle (Thirteenth Step)
9 16%
Reuben (any album)
2 4%
Rolo Tomassi (Cosmology)
3 5%
SikTh (any album)
5 9%
Tool (Lateralus/10,000 Days)
18 33%
Voters: 55.
Page 1 of 2
Right Chumps, I've got some mindless tasks to grind out at work, so I'm letting you chumps choose what I listen to whilst I do it!

Vote!

EDIT:

I'm at work so I can view any streaming media.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Last edited by metacarpi at May 13, 2013,
Take a gun, shoot yourself in the foot, and listen to your screams.

Do your miserable job and quit trying to get us to help you make it better.
APC. but I'd go with Mer De Noms

Quote by 5_Years_Dead

hey shut up, faggot
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by 5_Years_Dead

Here's a better idea, quit trying so hard.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

cult of luna

obviously
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Converege - All we love we leave behind.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by cliff_em_all
Converege - All we love we leave behind.

The only Converge I have with me is Jane Doe, and I've been listening to it a lot lately.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Why the Jesusf*ck is Thirteenth Step in there and not Mer de Noms?

Anyways, the answer is obviously to put When Will The Forest Speak? on repeat.

Because I prefer Thirteenth Step? Mer De Noms tails off in the later half of the album.

I'd put When Will The Forest Speak? on repeat, but it's all dried up and way to weak.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by metacarpi
The only Converge I have with me is Jane Doe, and I've been listening to it a lot lately.

Sweet album. Have you listened to AWLWLB yet?

Also here's some trivia for you. By bands E.P is produced and recorded by the guy who done Racecar is Racecar backwards.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

Last edited by cliff_em_all at May 13, 2013,
Quote by metacarpi
Because I prefer Thirteenth Step? Mer De Noms tails off in the later half of the album.

I'd put When Will The Forest Speak? on repeat, but it's all dried up and way to weak.

Pffft, you just don't "get" the latter half of Mer de Noms

But whatever, I'll Wait for nightfall, it's so beautiful out here. Up high in a wave of oxygen love I sit. Up high on this glorified cement postcard I spit. I spit, I spit upon thee.
Quote by cliff_em_all
Sweet album. Have you listened to AWLWLB yet?

Last Converge album I bought was Axe to Fall, so no, not heard the latest one yet.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Pffft, you just don't "get" the latter half of Mer de Noms

But whatever, I'll Wait for nightfall, it's so beautiful out here. Up high in a wave of oxygen love I sit. Up high on this glorified cement postcard I spit. I spit, I spit upon thee.

Chill, just wait for your red skies, do you know how it feels to be alive?
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by metacarpi
Last Converge album I bought was Axe to Fall, so no, not heard the latest one yet.

Chill, just wait for your red skies, do you know how it feels to be alive?

Reccomended.

Also Hell Is For Heroes - The Neon Handshake and Hundred Reasons - Ideas Above Our Station
Quote by ZanasCross

Quote by cliff_em_all
Reccomended.

Also Hell Is For Heroes - The Neon Handshake and Hundred Reasons - Ideas Above Our Station

Ideas Above our Station is a wicked album. I wish I could go back to when the British scene was just breaking with bands like Hundred Reasons, Reuben, Hell is For Heroes etc, it was a great time for homegrown music.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by metacarpi
Ideas Above our Station is a wicked album. I wish I could go back to when the British scene was just breaking with bands like Hundred Reasons, Reuben, Hell is For Heroes etc, it was a great time for homegrown music.

True facts. No idea why the more boring American scene at the time sold more records. For a british band that didn't make it as far as the rest, Check out Meet Me In St.Louis. Variations on swing is a brilliant album!
Quote by ZanasCross

Quote by metacarpi

Crikey, those are some names I've not heard for a loooong time.
Quote by JackalUK

All worth checking out again!
Quote by ZanasCross

what about You Fail Me

i mean if your gonna go with converge
Quote by cliff_em_all
True facts. No idea why the more boring American scene at the time sold more records. For a british band that didn't make it as far as the rest, Check out Meet Me In St.Louis. Variations on swing is a brilliant album!

I have a Meet Me in St.Louis album, I can't remember which one though, it's long buried in my pile of CDs!

Quote by JackalUK

I don't know how accurate it is, but I seem to recall one glorious summer where those bands were just about to release albums and were touring toilet venues across the country - so many good gigs.

Quote by Primus2112
what about You Fail Me

i mean if your gonna go with converge

I don't have it with me
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by metacarpi

I don't know how accurate it is, but I seem to recall one glorious summer where those bands were just about to release albums and were touring toilet venues across the country - so many good gigs.

HR + HIFH + Cable recently got it back together and done a tour. Ideas has been rel released on Banquet in a lovely 3 repress. which is about 20 mins away from me. Reuben and Biffy were in that crowd as well!
Quote by ZanasCross

Quote by JackalUK

They were goo times. I was in the latter stages of school (GCSE/6th form) when that explosion of awesome UK music happened. In fact, I was having a chat with Dave McPherson (InMe) about it not too long ago.

There was also The Music. I remember when 'Take the Long Road and Walk It" had good circulation, Skindred were breaking out, A brought out Hifi Serious. Then there was the horribly underrated Kinesis.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
They were goo times. I was in the latter stages of school (GCSE/6th form) when that explosion of awesome UK music happened. In fact, I was having a chat with Dave McPherson (InMe) about it not too long ago.

There was also The Music. I remember when 'Take the Long Road and Walk It" had good circulation, Skindred were breaking out, A brought out Hifi Serious. Then there was the horribly underrated Kinesis.

Jesus, I think I just had a stroke from the nostalgia overload.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

We should all go have a big cuddle somewhere and talk about better times.
Quote by ZanasCross

Quote by cliff_em_all
We should all go have a big cuddle somewhere and talk about better times.

Boom, done.

I'm going to have to build a Nostalgia playlist now for tomorrow.

EDIT:

Delirium, I saw InMe and Hundred Reason play here (on seperate occasions):

http://thevictoriainnderby.co.uk/website/

Two of the best gigs of my life!

I saw Reuben play loads of times, once being at a mates birthday party 'cos he knew Lenman from way back when and always let the band crash at his when they were passing through.

I think I miss those days 'cos it felt like the music scene was my music scene. Nowadays I can't get on with all these bands the whippersnappers are listening to!
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by Deliriumbassist
I have the memory of seeing Kinesis support Linkin Park and Lostprophets at the Wembley after Meteora was released

Oh how the mighty have fallen.
Quote by ZanasCross

Quote by cliff_em_all
Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Indeed. And not because of the kiddy fiddling. Lostprophets were touring off Start Something at the time, which was a good album to be fair.

Quote by metacarpi
Boom, done.

I'm going to have to build a Nostalgia playlist now for tomorrow.

EDIT:

Delirium, I saw InMe and Hundred Reason play here (on seperate occasions):

http://thevictoriainnderby.co.uk/website/

Two of the best gigs of my life!

I saw Reuben play loads of times, once being at a mates birthday party 'cos he knew Lenman from way back when and always let the band crash at his when they were passing through.

I think I miss those days 'cos it felt like the music scene was my music scene. Nowadays I can't get on with all these bands the whippersnappers are listening to!

I know what you mean! There was something about British alt at the time. It had kinda died after Skunk Anansie and Bush died down, but then these new, younger ones came. They were just a bit older than us, and had GUITARS and intelligent angst. They had interesting melodies and a bit of aggression. In my 6th form common room, I was basically Lord of the Stereo System, and the rest of the year were subjected to my superior taste.
Last edited by Deliriumbassist at May 13, 2013,
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Indeed. And not because of the kiddy fiddling. Lostprophets were touring off Start Something at the time, which was a good album to be fair.

Still though Fake sound was the best they'd done really. But after start something it went so far downhill its not even funny. Tried too hard to fit in with the American scene.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Skunk Anansie

MORE TRIVIA. I've played on Aces pedal board. Shit was ca$h.
Quote by ZanasCross

Listen to Speakerboxxx by Outkast
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I know what you mean! There was something about British alt at the time. It had kinda died after Skunk Anansie and Bush died down, but then these new, younger ones came. They were just a bit older than us, and had GUITARS and intelligent angst. They had interesting melodies and a bit of aggression. In my 6th form common room, I was basically Lord of the Stereo System, and the rest of the year were subjected to my superior taste.

See, I was just leaving 6th form at that time, and I recall everyone around me being obsessed with Eminem etc.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by cliff_em_all
Still though Fake sound was the best they'd done really. But after start something it went so far downhill its not even funny. Tried too hard to fit in with the American scene.

MORE TRIVIA. I've played on Aces pedal board. Shit was ca$h.

I shall have trivia to you- I have the mobile number of the owner of The Chapel Recording studios in my phone- where InMe, The Darkness, Fightstar, FFAF, Lamb of God, Anathema, Cradle of Filth and Shed Seven, among others, have recorded. I was going to record there, but I quit the band before that happened.
Quote by metacarpi
I don't have it with me

bummer
Speaking of FFAF, they got a gig coming up in Derby at The Venue, which holds about 250 people.

Either they're doing a deliberate low level tour, or things ain't going so well in the FFAF camp.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by Deliriumbassist
I shall have trivia to you- I have the mobile number of the owner of The Chapel Recording studios in my phone- where InMe, The Darkness, Fightstar, FFAF, Lamb of God, Anathema, Cradle of Filth and Shed Seven, among others, have recorded. I was going to record there, but I quit the band before that happened.

I was lucky enough to record in a place which fightstar had. And Reuben. i fancy checking out this studio now, Looks good!

And lol COF

Quote by metacarpi
Speaking of FFAF, they got a gig coming up in Derby at The Venue, which holds about 250 people.

Either they're doing a deliberate low level tour, or things ain't going so well in the FFAF camp.

They done the Boileroom in guildford as well. and University of surrey. I don't think its as good as it used to be. They played with a band called Polar. off the local scene who are cool guys. Check them out! Tonight Matthew I Am The Batman is a banger!
Quote by ZanasCross

Quote by metacarpi

The last video I saw, I only recognised two members.
I still hold out hope for a Reuben reunion one day. Racecar and VFVD are two of my favourite albums, and I've got copies of most of their singles and the Pilot EP they had.

I even terrified Jamie Lenman when they played at the opening of the new Derby Uni Student Union - I'd been drinking all day long, and bumped into him not long before they went on stage, stinking of booze, slurring about how I loved him and his band, and wearing a bright green Reuben tshirt.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Page 1 of 2